The old Kippax remembered

danburge82 said:
gaudinho's stolen car said:
mcfc%20kippax.ashx
That is Villa Park. FA Cup semi final 1981, Manchester City v Ipswich Town!

-- Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:23 am --

mcfc17.jpg

Best Manchester City Football Club picture ever taken in our entire history!

I am pretty sure that the picture of the Kippax you describe as "the best ever" is of the scum occupying the Kippax for the semi v Oldham Athletic, if you look at a blown up version you see red balloons and scum scarves.

strongbowholic said:
Smashing terrace. Like any stand in any ground, there were undoubtedly times when the atmosphere was flat. But there were plenty of times when it bounced.

Doing the Mexican Wave on a Wednesday night vs Norwich, everyone cheering with their hands up just as Norwich scored - typical City.

The Charlton promotion match when it felt like there was 50,000 on the Kippax alone that day.

The 5-1 - just the best atmosphere I've ever been in.

As a teenager, turning up at 1.30 on a Saturday just to make sure I got my place in the top left next to the away fans.

"Give us a C - CEEE!
Give us an I - AYE!
Give us a T - TEE!!
Give us a quid - FUCK OFF!!""

Winning a corner and everyone shouting "BLUES, BLUES, BLUES, BLUES..."

Just before whichever player took a corner shouting "CIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITY" gradually getting faster.

The man who always got after David White, screaming "get off the fucking pitch White, you're fucking shit. Not fit to wear the shirt" during the warm up! Then shouting "always said he's a good un" every time White scored.

The tunnels. The crash barriers. The stairs up at the back of the stand. Literally scrapping for a pint every half time. The rancid, rancid fucking bogs.

Hairs on the back of me neck stood up just thinking about all the very, very happy memories. Shame the team was fucking rubbish at the time!!

Can you imagine that stand with the team we have this season!

The greyhounds toilets at Wembley was the closest smell to the old kippax piss stones-took me right back that smell did!

The one bloke on his own, pre kick off starting the chant......

MAAAAAAANCHESTER na na na

bluestevei said:
gaudinho's stolen car said:

you might get some, but thats villa park when we beat ipswich in the semi final 1981 and im right at the top of that stand

and I'm down the front

what a great day that was

was in the mob and had to go back down south so was on the train getting happily pissed with unhappy ipshit fans on the way back

Another one for me was only visable when you were elsewhere in the ground, but for some reason it was one of the more vivid memories from my first time at Maine Road. The sign on the roof in the middle said something like "Welcome to Maine Road, Home of Manchester City FC", or something like that (can't remember, obviously not that vivid)!

uweuweuwe said:
top left hand corner next to away fans was the place to be remember the sunderland game when we sent them down.

Used to love it when you walked into the car park and if there was a large away following there would be loads of coaches on the left hand side. It used to always guarantee a cracking atmosphere.

Fantastic away support that day, coaches parked up on the road all the way up to Platt Lane complex.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.