The only way to get around Platini's anti-City stance

If we draw up a bit of a hypothetical situation... I don't think they're going to impose any bans until 2012, clubs are supposed to 'get their house in order' prior to that. Anyway- imagine:

2012. City have just won the FA Cup and PL double. Indeed, they record a flawless home record, and finish the PL season 6 points clear of the 2nd placed team. UEFA rule they're not allowed to play in Europe. OK... next season, they do something similar.

Meanwhile, Liverpool, then Chelsea win the CL in the absence of the 'disallowed' City.

Surely the CL competition is vastly devalued by having the obvious best team not in it? Especially if they're consistently excelling?

The point stands even if City aren't the best, but do become consistently good enough to finish 4th or higher in the league. If City deserve a place on merit, it's at cost to the competition as a whole if other teams are not allowed to play them on the pitch.

goat boy said:
If we draw up a bit of a hypothetical situation... I don't think they're going to impose any bans until 2012, clubs are supposed to 'get their house in order' prior to that. Anyway- imagine:

2012. City have just won the FA Cup and PL double. Indeed, they record a flawless home record, and finish the PL season 6 points clear of the 2nd placed team. UEFA rule they're not allowed to play in Europe. OK... next season, they do something similar.

Meanwhile, Liverpool, then Chelsea win the CL in the absence of the 'disallowed' City.

Surely the CL competition is vastly devalued by having the obvious best team not in it? Especially if they're consistently excelling?

The point stands even if City aren't the best, but do become consistently good enough to finish 4th or higher in the league. If City deserve a place on merit, it's at cost to the competition as a whole if other teams are not allowed to play them on the pitch.

That's nearer my point. If we stick to our guns we might win eventually but we will be dumped out initially. We have to be prepared to call their bluff and keep spending.

By the way I thought Platini was very disrespectful to our Chairman saying he didn't know if they had ever met.

goat boy said:

even better--Notts county finish 2nd and QPR finish 3rd..they also are banned..LOL

I'm waiting for players to object. They will object when they start to think. Platini has made an error in

a. Citing Roman "John Terry" Abramovich
b. Citing Berlusconi
c. Citing Moratti
d. Mentioning City by name, and by
e. His contemptuously provocative reference to the Sheikh.

City's spending is consistently over-stated. Additionally, Platini must not believe (perhaps he has not heard) Hughes' statement that City have compressed the business of three transfer windows into one. I'd like to know what contacts (if any) Platini has had with Sky (Italia) and what (if anything) has been discussed recently.

this is all about debt, the rags and Madrid both have a huge debt, the money they generate has to go to servicing the debt, even chelski owe money to their owner, liverpool have nothing, WE OWE NOWT.. any money that is generated is pure profit, once we are in the champions league we will still be top of the pile. No need to worry even if the rule is brought in, which i doubt.

I just hope we stick to our strategy by investing more until our turnover matches the best. To do that we may have to postpone the CL dream a while and go with a ban. If we don't the big 4 will remain the big 4.

Cobwebcat said:
goat boy said:

That's nearer my point. If we stick to our guns we might win eventually but we will be dumped out initially. We have to be prepared to call their bluff and keep spending.

By the way I thought Platini was very disrespectful to our Chairman saying he didn't know if they had ever met.
He didn;t have a go at chelski and their Rusian owner/uefa didn;t have a go at Blackburns mega rich owner.If the Glazers were loaded[which they are not],I suspect they would leave the rags alone or bend rules to help them..So I can only see one thing,and that is our owners are from the middle east........Mr Platini,,are you racist sir?

Platini is a man with a fork in a world of soup.. do you honestly believe that the TV companies would be willing to pay a fortune for the champions league if they did not have the top teams who qualify involved?

fan446 said:
this is all about debt, the rags and Madrid both have a huge debt, the money they generate has to go to servicing the debt, even chelski owe money to their owner, liverpool have nothing, WE OWE NOWT.. any money that is generated is pure profit, once we are in the champions league we will still be top of the pile. No need to worry even if the rule is brought in, which i doubt.

No this is nothing to do with debt

IT'S ALL ABOUT TURNOVER and preserving United and Real Madrid at the top and keeping us out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.