The only way to get around Platini's anti-City stance

Cobwebcat said:
fan446 said:
this is all about debt, the rags and Madrid both have a huge debt, the money they generate has to go to servicing the debt, even chelski owe money to their owner, liverpool have nothing, WE OWE NOWT.. any money that is generated is pure profit, once we are in the champions league we will still be top of the pile. No need to worry even if the rule is brought in, which i doubt.

No this is nothing to do with debt

IT'S ALL ABOUT TURNOVER and preserving United and Real Madrid at the top and keeping us out.

Given that Abu Dhabi holds 9% of the world's oil reserves and a similar level of natural gas, if this ever did get further than Platini's big gob I think it would be quickly shelved when the implications of doing this to some very influencial memebers of the UAE community was quietly, but firmly, made clear to the higher ranking members of the EU.

It's only football, when it threatens the economy you'll soon see what happens. Platini will be told to keep quiet or leave.

The End.

m27 said:
Cobwebcat said:
No this is nothing to do with debt

IT'S ALL ABOUT TURNOVER and preserving United and Real Madrid at the top and keeping us out.

Given that Abu Dhabi holds 9% of the world's oil reserves and a similar level of natural gas, if this ever did get further than Platini's big gob I think it would be quickly shelved when the implications of doing this to some very influencial memebers of the UAE community was quietly, but firmly, made clear to the higher ranking members of the EU.

It's only football, when it threatens the economy you'll soon see what happens. Platini will be told to keep quiet or leave.

The End.

That I would really like to see. Him and Blatter are embarrasing.

Well I think our club are wealthy enough to develop and set up MCFC companies that will generate the required income.
As I undestand that tit Platinini he is against gifts from owners, and that may not be too bad as any investment to MCFC is ours alone. And if, dread the thought they pulled out, we would still have the finincial infrastructure to be sustainable at that development level.
So in a way its quite good for us if our beloved owners buy into MCFC

Cobwebcat said:
m27 said:

The End.

That I would really like to see. Him and Blatter are embarrasing.

Seriously though, that's the reality of the situation. Platini and Blatter exist in their little football bubble surrounded by sycophants and honestly believe they are the most powerful men in Europe, if not the World. In reality, their influence on the real world is minescule. Believe me, our owners have more clout on the world stage than those two clowns.

It's Friday, have a drink, chill out and stop worrying. Our owners won't let this happen.

Cobwebcat said:
bluemoon32 said:
Maybe i'm being thick but Chelsea don't have anything like the turnover of the major clubs, why would it help them ?

Have a look at the table. They have the 5th highest turnover in Europe mainly from being in the CL

And one of the worst operating income deficits, Chelsea would be knackered under these rules too.

So basically this jumped up little anti English racist prick is saying:-

1. Clubs who rip fans off by charging them more to get in (such as chelsea, arsenal) should be favouritised over club's like our's who make games more accessible to poorer people by fairer pricing?

2. Clubs like the scum who use their fans income to pay off the interest burden on the debt they borrowed to buy the club should prosper over debt free clubs like our's?

No way this is fair, no way it will happen

Stop smoking weed mate, it makes you paranoid!

Pratini won't even be in power come 2012

Out of interest cobwebcat

1. where are you getting the information about the ECJ/Commission supporting this? Care to share a link?

2. likewise, where is the information about plugging these "loopholes"? Are you presuming this is the case because i've read nothing of the sort.

3. from what I have read the proposals it's about breaking even. of course the bigger clubs will be able to spend more due to a higher turnover but they still need to break even. saying it's not about debt is not really accurate. It's almost all about debts. The sticking point is that sugar daddies are in effect classed as debt/living beyond your natural means to Platini and co.

I'm of the belief that this is simply unworkable and will never be implemented. Who will monitor the finances of every single club in European football? And under what remit? How do you establish a fair and equal baseline when there are 50+ different countries, laws and economies at play?

Cobwebcat said:
Yes, I know I've posted this on the Platini thread on the main board but I make no apology for a new thread here because this is really important and people seem to think everything will be ok and we will be fine.

------------------------------

Guys I think you all need to actually read the proposal because every "get out" that has been put forward will not be permitted.

The idea that we can sponsor ourselves etc is not allowed. We will not be able to get around this with obvious back door tricks. Neither can we loan the money to ourselves.

The rule is specifically aimed at us. Do you think UEFA don't know the loopholes? They have 9 months to close every one of them.

We will go from the most powerful club in the world back down to about 20th (see link)

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_ ... ball_clubs</a>

Clubs like United and Real Madrid are not in trouble in fact they are laughing. It's nothing to do with debt It's purely football generated turnover and being able to spend a percentage of that.

I've also seen some posters think we will be OK because we will have spent loads by then so don't have to buy anyone else. Wrong! We will always need to replace people and as the years go by we will not be allowed to get to the better players. Also wage cost count as expenditure. We are already paying over £100 million a year and players contracts have to be honoured over the next 5 years or whatever the contract lengths are.

In short we are fecked unless something can be done that's way different to the ideas put forward so far.

The only one I can come up with is that (luckily) The Premiership don't agree with UEFA and we can spend what we like for them. So we have to be prepared to go on spending and do as well as we can in the Prem but if/when we get into the top four we have to be accept that we will not be allowed in the CL.... but that's not the end of the story.

Other than to protect the status quo UEFA want to control our spending so we don't artificially inflate prices but if we ignore this, despite the ban, then UEFA's threat doesn't work. The clubs that need the CL reduce their spending but we don't and snap up the best players. Eventually UEFA will have to come up with something else.

The only way to win in the long term is to carry on spending before and after we get into the top 4 and accept in the short term we can't play in Europe.

Questions for you
What is counted as turnover?
How will the differences in exchange rates be catered for?
How will the differences in tickets prices between countries be calculated?
How will regional variations in tickets prices be calculated?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.