The Owners

Dubai Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I dont like hughes, or his style BUT WHEN PEOPLE ATTACK THE OWNERS I GET MAD, without them we wouldnt even be able to get annoyed about us spending 200 million and how hughes aint got it to work! So back the fuck off!!!
No one's attacking the owners; that's the whole point of the fucking thread.

Uh no mate read the first post!!

gary walker said:
What happens when clubs listen to fans
*Swails out Lee in thats what the fan's wanted look what happened?
*Remember the Fergie out campaigne? Good job the club didn't listen to the fans then
*Charlton fan's "Curbishley has taken us as far as we can go"
*Arsenal fans "who the f**k is Arsen Wenger"
To name but a few......

Let the club run the club and the Manager manage the team!! the us as fans should get behind them both and support the club we all love.

Absolutely bang on mate. Supporters shoudl stick to whatever they're good at.

Making decisions about the manager should be left to our owners as without them any talk of Hiddink or Mourinho would be a pipe dream. They are the one's who's money is at stake, they are the one's who get the opportunity to see Hughes operate close at hand and therefore I completely trust them to make the right decisions.

For what it's worth I want Hughes to stay, I think he's doing a good job and will get us where we need to given the time, however, that said, if our owners think differently I would have to bow to their better judgement.

Dubai Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I dont like hughes, or his style BUT WHEN PEOPLE ATTACK THE OWNERS I GET MAD, without them we wouldnt even be able to get annoyed about us spending 200 million and how hughes aint got it to work! So back the fuck off!!!

There is a point to this thread?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Dubai Blue said:
Read it again, and the rest of the thread.

Sorry mate i just aint seeing it the poster quite obviously is caning the owners at the start

I know everyone else aint but he is!!

The OP is being sarcastic mate, purposfully so!

He is not having a go at the owners!

He is having a dig at those of us who are not happy with the manager.

Hope that clears it up for you.

blueinsa said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Sorry mate i just aint seeing it the poster quite obviously is caning the owners at the start

I know everyone else aint but he is!!

Right now i get it, sorry all (for being an absolute idiot)

BoyBlue_1985 said:
blueinsa said:

Right now i get it, sorry all (for being an absolute idiot)

Dont worry about it fella.

Soulboy said:
Hughes was appointed by Shinawatra. As was Cook.

When Shinawatra sold the club, he also sold the manager and Chief Executive.

The new owners had a choice of retaining both of them (and both had just been appointed by a man who they clearly could do business with) or replacing them.

Who could the new owners replace them with? They had no track record, experience or contacts in the world of Premiership football. So why not just go with thew pair ofg thm while they got their feet under the table.

So, almost by default, Hughes and Cook wre automatically going to be given at least a season to prove their worth.

The new owners come up with £120m to invest in the team. Cook and Hughes (as a partnership) get in the ears of the owners for the following 12 months with talk on patience and stability, new training grounds, winning cultures, and all the usual business jargon.

The new owners buy into the new proposals made by both Cook and Hughes. And why wouldn't they. They had only been in their employ for 12 months, and the Abu Dhabi business model is one of long-term growth and steadt progress.

So the new owners accept that 12 months is not enough, they find another £120m, upgrade the training ground, employ dozens of new technicians and coaches and Hughes, almost by default (in that it matters not a jot where they finish in season one, as they were automatically getting a second year anyway).

So, as long as Cook and Hughes sing from the same song sheet, they can keep it going with the "work in progress" argument. So long as Cook keeps supporting Hughes and Hughes keep supporting Cook, then they can, maybe, pull the wool over the eyes of the owners.

But as year 2 starts, the owners finally come out and suggest targets. Top 6 is considered to be the "minimum" requirement, but Cook puts more pressuree on as he suggeststop 4 may be more in place.

So Hughes and Cook will get a free run at it this season as well. They will not be dismnissed before the end of the season.

And year 3? I think Hughes will still be in charge. Courtes of the Abu Dhabi business model.
Even failure to attain top 6 will still see Hughes and Cook given one more season to attain all targets.

Just my opinion.

That's a good post in the main. I agree about the Cook/Hughes axis at the heart of the club.

However I don't agree Hughes will get a Year 3 if we're not top 6. I don't even think he'll get one if we're 5th or 6th.

The Owners bought a football club just outside the European places. The money they have invested should have yielded a proper return in 2 years, not 2 league places. They will know that.

Dubai Blue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

There is a point to this thread?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.