The Owners

BillyShears said:
BobKowalski said:
I freely admit I do not have all the facts or even most of them. There are posters on here who are probably more aware of what is really going on than I do - yourself included I suspect.

All I can do is post my opinion based on what I observe from afar. I did the same with Frank and a lot of what I thought and said turned out to be correct. Cookie himself has come out and admitted what a lot of us suspected.

It doesn't mean I am correct about Hughes but until he starts demonstrating that he is up to the task then my opinion will be that he isn't. The predictabilty of Hughes is very annoying. Getting a bit sticky results wise and team playing like poo and lo and behold we have Ireland coming out with all that garbage rehashed from last year. Cook coming out with all the taggert references was also predictable bollocks. It drives me insane and the only relief is coming on here and being 'sarcastic, snide' (and funny you have to give me funny) because if Hughes and co going to act like tits and treat me like an idiot then I'm going to vent for a bit.

The other thing is the Sheikh himself. An avid follower of the English game and who some 14 months into this venture has still not shown his face at a City game over here. Not one. And until the Welsh Wizard has demonstrated to the Sheikh that he has cracked this football manager malarky and got his team to produce credible performances and results for longer than three matches on the bounce then my betting is that he won't be seen. I mean can you imagine the Sheiks first home game and it all goes tits. Press would have a f**king field day.

Cook and the Chairman may have faith in Hughes but it seems the Sheikh isn't prepared to bet on Hughes just yet.

Just my opinion though.

I like you better when you're reasoned and sensible...however the one thing which I find really funny is this utterly untrue notion that you and a few others have on here that the round of interviews given by Stevie were somehow the work of Hughes and Cook...the boy does have his own mind and is capable of forming his own opinions. The vast majority of what he said regarding last season, Elano, etc - is 100% true. Hence when asked about it he said it...there was no ulterior motive.

Billy, the positive article on the O.S....shock fecking horror! Only positive articles go on there, is nothing more than a piece of P.R.

Your going to have to trust me on this, but the story that all is rosy in the garden and everyone couldnt be more happier is just not true!

No i cant tell you why i know this, just like you cant substantiate all that you tell us.

Your going to have to trust me on this, but the story that all is rosy in the garden and everyone couldnt be more happier is just not true!

No i cant tell you why i know this, just like you cant substantiate all that you tell us.

You ****ing lying rag twat.

ManCityX said:

Be very careful with your colourful language my friend!

Another keyboard warrior incable of civilised debate!

blueinsa said:
ManCityX said:

You're scum mate. Making up lies to satisfy your own agenda.

You should be ****ing ashamed of yourself.

blueinsa said:

Sorry mate, but whichever supposed ITK on this board has been pm'ing you - I imagine they are full of shit...

Everything rosy in the garden? Well, no, and I imagine that's the same at every single club in the premiership. But, if you're implying that there are major problems behind the scenes, you are very very wrong...

ManCityX said:
blueinsa said:

You're scum mate. Making up lies to satisfy your own agenda.

You should be ****ing ashamed of yourself.

Last warning!

Disagree with me by all means, but less of the personal insults, it's not difficult, honest.

Hughes was appointed by Shinawatra. As was Cook.

When Shinawatra sold the club, he also sold the manager and Chief Executive.

The new owners had a choice of retaining both of them (and both had just been appointed by a man who they clearly could do business with) or replacing them.

Who could the new owners replace them with? They had no track record, experience or contacts in the world of Premiership football. So why not just go with thew pair ofg thm while they got their feet under the table.

So, almost by default, Hughes and Cook wre automatically going to be given at least a season to prove their worth.

The new owners come up with £120m to invest in the team. Cook and Hughes (as a partnership) get in the ears of the owners for the following 12 months with talk on patience and stability, new training grounds, winning cultures, and all the usual business jargon.

The new owners buy into the new proposals made by both Cook and Hughes. And why wouldn't they. They had only been in their employ for 12 months, and the Abu Dhabi business model is one of long-term growth and steadt progress.

So the new owners accept that 12 months is not enough, they find another £120m, upgrade the training ground, employ dozens of new technicians and coaches and Hughes, almost by default (in that it matters not a jot where they finish in season one, as they were automatically getting a second year anyway).

So, as long as Cook and Hughes sing from the same song sheet, they can keep it going with the "work in progress" argument. So long as Cook keeps supporting Hughes and Hughes keep supporting Cook, then they can, maybe, pull the wool over the eyes of the owners.

But as year 2 starts, the owners finally come out and suggest targets. Top 6 is considered to be the "minimum" requirement, but Cook puts more pressuree on as he suggeststop 4 may be more in place.

So Hughes and Cook will get a free run at it this season as well. They will not be dismnissed before the end of the season.

And year 3? I think Hughes will still be in charge. Courtes of the Abu Dhabi business model.
Even failure to attain top 6 will still see Hughes and Cook given one more season to attain all targets.

Just my opinion.

BillyShears said:
blueinsa said:

Sorry mate, but whichever supposed ITK on this board has been pm'ing you - I imagine they are full of shit...

Everything rosy in the garden? Well, no, and I imagine that's the same at every single club in the premiership. But, if you're implying that there are major problems behind the scenes, you are very very wrong...

Then we will just have to agree to disagree mate.

I can settle for people having a different view, and have a debate with them, but when people make up lies I find it completely out of order.

What I just read crossed the line as far as I'm concered.

ManCityX said:
I can settle for people having a different view, and have a debate with them, but when people make up lies I find it completely out of order.

What I just read crossed the line as far as I'm concered.

And you can prove i lied, how? Im very very curious?

Like i said mate, disagree by all means, you have your point of view on the Hughes issue along with many others, as have i, also along with many others.

Debate them and argue your corner, thats what this forum is for, but at the very least, respect each other and just get on with it.

Now if you think im lying, fine, im a big boy, i will get over it, just leave out the personal insults, i wont put up with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.