The Piccadilly Gardens Problem

Why can't the police just go in and batter the junkies about the head and face every night until they fuck off for good?
The bleeding hearts would up in their faces with camera phones going on about human rights and police brutality.

Police probably want to but know it would be a political disaster for the council

I don't remember the Star Rider. I haven't been in M/cr since the 80's (I think that's when it was).
Thanks, I enjoyed your video, especially the historical parts. I never knew there was a hospital there. And wow! why demolish that beautiful building ? (no surprise though) The ugly office carbuncle that obviously council approved on open space land is disgusting, but no surprise. Councils in Tameside have gradually destroyed what is now called Shameside by a lot of residents.
I remember Picadilly as the pretty gardens that existed in the 70s. Me and mates would get the 216 from Stalybridge on a Sunday and walk around "town"....
Btw What is the jazz music that starts at 4:45 ?

Thanks. It’s not my video. I just reposted it.

I know the video was a bit tongue in cheek, but it was serious as well.

As you say, the video went into the some detail about the history of Piccadilly Gardens which is always interesting. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of how it looked in the past.

It’s a shame the Victorians demolished the infirmary. The Victorians had a habit of demolishing great buildings, but building newer more opulent buildings. Or not as this case maybe.

70’s! So did I. You’re a FOC like me. As a kid I used play in Piccadilly Gardens when I went into town with my parents. The gardens were well kept, clean, immaculate, colourful and always busy with people relaxing, sitting outside, and enjoying the gardens in the late Spring and Summer.

I think the name Piccadilly Gardens should be changed to Piccadilly Sqaure after the refurbishment. If we’re honest there hasn’t been a garden for 40 years.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the concrete pavilion/bunker can’t be demolished as it’s not owned by the council. The owners, forget who they are, have refused to demolish it and want to repurpose it as part of the overall Piccadilly Gardens redevelopment. There are numerous stakeholders involved within the Piccadilly Gardens area, so it’s a nightmare for the council to get them all onside. They all have their own vested and commercial interests.

Unfortunately the concrete pavilion/bunker can’t be demolished as it’s not owned by the council. The owners, forget who they are, have refused to demolish it and want to repurpose it as part of the overall Piccadilly Gardens redevelopment. There are numerous stakeholders involved within the Piccadilly Gardens area, so it’s a nightmare for the council to get them all onside. They all have their own vested and commercial interests.
I'm amazed it isn't covered in graffiti.

The simple solution is to screen live football from the gardens....... and then invite Glasgow Rangers fans to watch.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.