The Piccadilly Gardens Problem

You think the Berlin Wall in the gardens was a good idea?
Nope, but I also think that it was bought and paid for by the company that owned it, and said company didn't want it to be removed, I also think that said company probably approached the council with a pile of cash and that was probably used elsewhere(the Karney yacht and stuff) I also think that them big concrete balls near plaza mayor in Madrid are ugly as fuck but don't have an agenda against the Madrid council about them.
Do you think that when these big developers come to town with buckets full of cash that the council should just say "no fuck right off we are keeping this place exactly the same for the rest of time"

Pat fuckin' Karney has approved and overseen more Piccadilly facelifts than Michael Jackson, Pete Burns and Katie Price put together. He's been an elected councillor for 43 years. The prick has stolen a living.
And anytime you see or hear a councillor stating ''we will be consulting with the public'' is a bullshitter.
''Consulted'' means ''told''.
Hes also an elected Cllr for Harpurhey but seems to spend more time talking about the City Centre.

Nope, but I also think that it was bought and paid for by the company that owned it, and said company didn't want it to be removed, I also think that said company probably approached the council with a pile of cash and that was probably used elsewhere(the Karney yacht and stuff) I also think that them big concrete balls near plaza mayor in Madrid are ugly as fuck but don't have an agenda against the Madrid council about them.
Do you think that when these big developers come to town with buckets full of cash that the council should just say "no fuck right off we are keeping this place exactly the same for the rest of time"
No. Dont turn the cash down, but I would expect them to say "that's a shit idea, come back with a better one".

Hes also an elected Cllr for Harpurhey but seems to spend more time talking about the City Centre.
"Also" ??? You are aware you can only be a councillor for one area at a time right? And your also aware that being a councillor involves weekly surgeries in said area?
If the evening news did a report every time he sorted out someone's problems with having a broken fence then they would have no room to fit in the constant reports of some shit z list bird going for a coffee in Starbucks

"Also" ??? You are aware you can only be a councillor for one area at a time right? And your also aware that being a councillor involves weekly surgeries in said area?
If the evening news did a report every time he sorted out someone's problems with having a broken fence then they would have no room to fit in the constant reports of some shit z list bird going for a coffee in Starbucks
Fully aware can only be a Cllr for one ward and there are 3 in each ward. Also aware of what the role entails. Maybe the M.E.N. could report on the problems Pat deals with in his own ward rather than what he does in the City Centre. He doesnt exactly seem shy of the media.

Last edited:
Fully aware can only be a Cllr for one ward and what the role entails. Maybe the M.E.N. could report on the problems Pat deals with in his own ward rather than what he does in the City Centre. He doesnt exactly seem shy of the media.
Maybe they could, Maybe just maybe more people give a shit about what's going on in the city centre than doris' problems with the drains?
Listen I'm not saying the bloke gets everything right, but the way folk go on about him is as if he is sitting in a bunker pulling levers in town and pocketing millions for every 100 story new apartment block, it's bollocks

I once saw a woman, circa 1995, having a piss in the middle of the old Piccadilly Gardens bus station.

Not even at the side or near a wall. Squatting down, in the middle of an ‘aisle’, in the middle of the day, causing rivers of piss that people had to jump over.

I was a teenager at the time and it didn’t really register with me how mental this was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.