The positive thread.

The football is fantastic, away tickets are cheaper and the rags are in the Europa League.

On the downside, I have turned my house upside down looking for my continental plug adapter (now found) and I haven't got a hotel in Barca.

The football is fantastic, away tickets are cheaper and the rags are in the Europa League.

On the downside, I have turned my house upside down looking for my continental plug adapter (now found) and I haven't got a hotel in Barca.
I phoned a mate before Barca away the year before last, to ask if he had an adaptor I could borrow as I couldn't find mine. "Yeah, course I have, I've got the one I borrowed of you when I went away"

Asked if he had anything else of mine he wasn't planning on giving back "no, nothing, honestly, apart from the router, the floppy disk drive and the dream box"

If I can't find something I know I have, I just go round to his now and ask for it back.

I phoned a mate before Barca away the year before last, to ask if he had an adaptor I could borrow as I couldn't find mine. "Yeah, course I have, I've got the one I borrowed of you when I went away"

Asked if he had anything else of mine he wasn't planning on giving back "no, nothing, honestly, apart from the router, the floppy disk drive and the dream box"

If I can't find something I know I have, I just go round to his now and ask for it back.

Haha. Spot on.

Confession time. My adapter is a mate's. I acquired it on the Munich 3-2 victory trip so it's like a good luck charm.

The Everton game was the first game I have managed to get to this season. A bit disappointed with the result but not the performance. I thought we were superb and couldn't believe my eyes when I read the first few pages of the post match thread on the way back into town. Unbelievable! My son and I and thoroughly enjoyed the game and the day and not even a 3 hour flight delay put a damper on it. Can't wait for our next trip and really envy those of you who can go to every game.

Upcoming games in the PL look quite appealing. Can see us going on a 5-6 game winning streak if everything works out again. If we manage that, I can only see one or two teams catching up with us.

Something I believe people aren't nearly honest enough about is the enjoyment they derive from the trappings that go with supporting a leading club, which if it disappeared tomorrow they'd yearn for, especially as they've got utterly used to it. Being at the forefront of modern football, as City indisputably are, is both absorbing and intoxicating for many long-term blues. There are more things to talk about, more things to debate, things that are usually more captivating than dreary mid table tittle-tattle. City are now at the centre of things in a way that people would miss more than they would dare admit to themselves, if it all ended tomorrow.

I think much of our support, haven't grasped what an opportunity to feel positive they've been presented with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.