The positive thread.

After years of zero investment, Bosman frees we have seen unprecedented investment in our great club! The club innovates and wants to grow and boy are we growing. They don't always get it right, but this is a long term journey and yes there'll need to be short term sacrifices. I see my kids school go from being 99% red to near enough 50-50 inside 6 years. And what was a shrinking local fan base for over a generation is reinvigorated! Am I dreaming? It's fooking brilliant being a blue!!

Something I believe people aren't nearly honest enough about is the enjoyment they derive from the trappings that go with supporting a leading club, which if it disappeared tomorrow they'd yearn for, especially as they've got utterly used to it. Being at the forefront of modern football, as City indisputably are, is both absorbing and intoxicating for many long-term blues. There are more things to talk about, more things to debate, things that are usually more captivating than dreary mid table tittle-tattle. City are now at the centre of things in a way that people would miss more than they would dare admit to themselves, if it all ended tomorrow.

I think much of our support, haven't grasped what an opportunity to feel positive they've been presented with.
It's amazing, mate. Ironically it's only a handful of fellow blues who spoil it (I say spoil, but that's not quite the word I mean) for me.
Some of the negativity over the last couple of weeks has been too much.

We are playing some of the best football I've ever seen at City (my first game in 1966), which at times is so good that there isn't an adjective to describe how good it is.

Pep can't do anything about two different players missing from the spot in any given game.

It's now not a chore to go and watch us, I've got that feeling of anticipation and excitement back.

The good ship City is sailing into uncharted but potentially unprecedented "seas of success".

Exciting times ahead for at least 3 years although I feel Pep will stay longer.

I envy my two sons who are of an age that they should be able to enjoy the next 40 or 50 years as blues, if the Good Lord allows them.

A great time to be a blue!!

It's amazing, mate. Ironically it's only a handful of fellow blues who spoil it (I say spoil, but that's not quite the word I mean) for me.
Some of the negativity over the last couple of weeks has been too much.
It's their loss, mate. Personally, I intend to make the most of the way the dice have fallen for us. Some people habitually fail to do that; it's just the way they're hardwired.

Great idea to create this thread. Really needed some support after reading those shite negative comments on post match thread. I think a lot of problem comes from the mentality that if we have the best manager in the world and a top squad, then we should be winning 3-0 or 4-0 every game. That kind of thinking shows enormous immaturity and a complete ignorance of the fact that our opposition exist as a team who also want to win. They also, like us, do the hard work of planning for games against specific teams, they also have tactics and passion and brilliant players with a drive to win. Reading comments on the post match thread, it seems like people feel that the premier league was created for us to belittle teams every weekend and a stage to shame puny, little clubs with gobshite players. That kind of mentality comes from having not enough respect for the opposition.

We played against a team which had come prepared for a draw, parked a big-ass bus in the box from the starting whistle, were unwilling to venture into our half, often had as many as 9 players inside the 16-yard box and most of all were coached by Koeman, who is one of the greatest ball-playing CBs of all time and an integral part of Cruyff's dream team. The fact that we had as many chances as we did is a testament to how good we were. Winning 2 penalties is no small thing. We bottled it big time is something that the players need to work on, but winning those penalties is itself a sign of creative players who love to dribble and create chances. Add to that the fact that Stekelenburg had an absolute blinder. Honestly, how many times does a keeper manage to save shots like KdB's bullet? Go watch that replay now. The ball swerved in mid air for ffs and he still somehow saved it.

Some people would call me a happy fool or an arse-licker. Well, I apologise for being a person who can clearly see how much we have progressed as a team. You wanna watch shite draws where teams park the bus and we can't create chances for shit? Go watch last season's Norwich draw. Swear to god, I lost a couple years of my life watching that match. If this were a Pellegrini team, Zabs and Kola would have started with Dinho and Toure in the middle and we would have gotten our arse handed over on a plate. How can you not appreciate the tactical acumen shown by Pep in realising our weakness and actually field a team (with an absolute ballers formation and game plan) which plays to our strengths? How do you not feel positive about the fact that we actually have a manager who is willing to adjust his formation, squad, everything to field a team which can win while still playing beautiful football and adhering to his core philosophies? Last year, when we were waiting for the semi-final draws to happen, I remember everyone saying that they would rather face Bayern or Madrid than Atletico simply because we wouldn't be able to do jack shit against a team which can defend to save their lives. If City produces a performance like the Everton one against Atletico, would you be happy or sad? Do you actually believe that we would have been able to replicate this last season under Pellers?

I'm honestly tired of reading comments by people who just care about the fuckin result and start moaning at the first sign of defeat about how we're at the same stage as last season, how Pep needs to prove himself, how the team is phoning it in and needs to step up, etc. Are these people even supporters of this club? Do they even understand the meaning of support? It feels like some people only care about the numbers on the scoreboard at the end of 90 min, no matter how we play. Look at West Brom and count your stars that we have a manager who actually wants to entertain the fans by playing good, attacking football while still churning out wins.

I've big hopes for the future and it makes me happy to see that there are quite a few people here who share the same belief and optimism. C'mon City!
Well said.

People are looking way too much into these last 3 results, lets look a little deeper into all three games.

Celtic:

- They have only lost 3 games out of 26 in their own stadium in CL, Barca x 2 and AC Milan being the teams that beat them, while Celtic have beaten and/or ad draws against the likes of United, Juve, Barca, Milan, etc.

- An offside goal + own goal got them the points at the end of the day

- The team didn't just come back once or twice, but three times

- Celtic after their 3 goal I don't think register a single shot, while City have about 10 or so

- The team fought till the end giving it there all, which is a huge sign

Spurs

- This one was on Pep especially his choice of line up

- Another own goal

- Zabaleta was apart of both goals being scored

- Much better in the second half last 15-20 mins City got behind Spurs defense a lot easier, Nacho slipping in Spurs PK box and Aguero missing 1-2 good chances didn't help either

- Again the team didn't give up and kept pushing for something

Everton

- 2 PK missed and a post (I believe)

- Everton only having one real chance in the game (which unfortunately they scored on)

- Again everyone was working hard, I remember a United fan n another forum I'm at was applauding City players attitude on ow they kept going

Overall we are seeing something here, consistency in the performance and the players going all the way, aside from the first half against Spurs, the team played their heart out. Its one thing I've always admired about Pep team they always have consistency regardless of winning, losing or drawing they keep going and sticking to their ideas and playing the way they want.

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to look for an excuse for the players, club, coach, etc. but this is sums up the games for me.

@malg - Haha :D I was talking about a general sense of pessimism that runs through our fan base, how we somehow feel entitled to victories, a general lack of willingness to understand the game beyond the final scoreline, not having faith in the system or enough balls to stand by the team and the manager when we lose/draw. I would read the entire thing though ;)
Your original post was fantastic (apart from the digs at manuel..u could put any past City manager up against Pep and they would appear inadequate) in partc your spot on about some folk failing to show any respect for the opposing teams, you really do make a great point about fans failing to understand the game beyond the final scoreline.so true.
Great post.
So relieved to see this thread, a great out pouring of positivity, and why not,a fantastic time to be Blue..hope this thread turns to legendary status.Up the Blues!

Great thread OP.

It is a very special time to be a blue.

Arguably the world best manager, the team playing their hearts out on the pitch.

Off the pitch, we are going from strength to strength financially too.

CFA doing well across all age groups.

City Women doing a double and doing well in their 1st year in the CL.

Amazing how far we have come since 2008, and knowing now, that we are shooting for the stars.

People are looking way too much into these last 3 results, lets look a little deeper into all three games.

Celtic:

- They have only lost 3 games out of 26 in their own stadium in CL, Barca x 2 and AC Milan being the teams that beat them, while Celtic have beaten and/or ad draws against the likes of United, Juve, Barca, Milan, etc.

- An offside goal + own goal got them the points at the end of the day

- The team didn't just come back once or twice, but three times

- Celtic after their 3 goal I don't think register a single shot, while City have about 10 or so

- The team fought till the end giving it there all, which is a huge sign

Spurs

- This one was on Pep especially his choice of line up

- Another own goal

- Zabaleta was apart of both goals being scored

- Much better in the second half last 15-20 mins City got behind Spurs defense a lot easier, Nacho slipping in Spurs PK box and Aguero missing 1-2 good chances didn't help either

- Again the team didn't give up and kept pushing for something

Everton

- 2 PK missed and a post (I believe)

- Everton only having one real chance in the game (which unfortunately they scored on)

- Again everyone was working hard, I remember a United fan n another forum I'm at was applauding City players attitude on ow they kept going

Overall we are seeing something here, consistency in the performance and the players going all the way, aside from the first half against Spurs, the team played their heart out. Its one thing I've always admired about Pep team they always have consistency regardless of winning, losing or drawing they keep going and sticking to their ideas and playing the way they want.

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to look for an excuse for the players, club, coach, etc. but this is sums up the games for me.
Great summing up.seen loads of neutrals saying how much they enjoyed the Celtic game.it was a classic and as you rightly sat,City never gave up.I was at Parkhead and both sets of fans clapped both teams long and hard after the final whistle..the amount of non stop effort put in,on a difficult night for football with the swirling wind and rain,deserved the applause.As a match going fan,that's all you can hope for.value for money.effort and dedication from players..compare that to the anfield dullness last night....Everton and Spurs were tough games for different reasons but I was so impressed by the effort City put in.Everton are no mugs and knew how to defend.resolute rugged and determined,out played at times but not out fought,and it was good to see City being challenged in their own back yard..it made for compulsive viewing.This is gonna be quite some season .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.