The Post General Election Thread

SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
It's not real deflation really...

It's not a real recovery either so that's all right. This "it's not real deflation" nonsense is the latest spin from the Tories and their media allies. It might not be but we won't really know for a few months. By that time they'll have one up with another excuse.

Deflation is caused by a fall in aggregate demand, which is what some of us have been saying will happen for a while.

This is because the "recovery" was based on unsustainable consumer spending rather than being output driven. Now that's stopped and the danger is that people will hoard cash rather than invest it. What we should be doing is stimulating demand, even if that requires additional debt.

By doing it, companies increase production, real wages rise and people are encouraged to invest their surplus cash in the government bonds issued to create the debt.
No
Yes.

Prestwich_Blue said:
SWP's back said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
It's not a real recovery either so that's all right. This "it's not real deflation" nonsense is the latest spin from the Tories and their media allies. It might not be but we won't really know for a few months. By that time they'll have one up with another excuse.

Deflation is caused by a fall in aggregate demand, which is what some of us have been saying will happen for a while.

This is because the "recovery" was based on unsustainable consumer spending rather than being output driven. Now that's stopped and the danger is that people will hoard cash rather than invest it. What we should be doing is stimulating demand, even if that requires additional debt.

By doing it, companies increase production, real wages rise and people are encouraged to invest their surplus cash in the government bonds issued to create the debt.
No
Yes.
Not this.

If you don't like deflation simply offer to pay more for things you buy.

I doubt many sellers will refuse the extra money.

minus 0.1% in April, absolutely gutted, spent quite a bit of money last month if only I had hoarded it, if this catastrophe doesn't show us we need to borrow more nothing will, I am now stashing 5p's in a jar and hiding it under my bed, I suggest you all do the same

hilts said:
minus 0.1% in April, absolutely gutted, spent quite a bit of money last month if only I had hoarded it, if this catastrophe doesn't show us we need to borrow more nothing will, I am now stashing 5p's in a jar and hiding it under my bed, I suggest you all do the same
*giggle*

worsleyweb said:
The perfect fumble said:
mackenzie said:
Unbelievable isn't it.

And the Tories wonder why they're hated.

Urmston might be blunt but he knows his stuff. Not going into specifics about the shift premium but I have just studied the nurses Salary and benefits for 5 minutes and nurses can do very well with sunday double times and overtime working. Quite possible to earn 50k plus - note they get 33 days holiday after ten years and salary is based on a 37.5 hour week.

Looked at the pension benefits - 1/54th final salary pension scheme. Unrivalled to any pension available in the private sector.

I maintain that many in the public sector have no idea how hard it has been in the private sector. The health service has to become a 7 day service. How can we pay for that and an aging population?
Using the 50k figure to state what nurses earn is the equivalent of quoting a chief constables wage and implying every police officer earns that amount. It totally distorts the argument. I can assure you a qualified nurse earns less than half that figure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.