The Post General Election Thread

Damocles said:
whp.blue said:
The perfect fumble said:
It's the same thought process that says if you find one person screwing the welfare system then they are all doing it.

Clearly this one drunk train driver is just the tip of the iceberg, symptomatic of a deeper malaise, something must be done!

Now I get it so it's like when one rich person dodges a bit of tax every rich person must be doing it

Exactly!

You see when one person who may or may not be tangentially related to a social group does something then that is now an inbuilt trait of that social group.

Makes perfect sense to me!

The Daily Mail.

worsleyweb said:
Just watched this issue on news at ten. More people die at weekend! 16 percent more than on a Wednesday. Has to be sorted out. Can o remind everyone the Tories have pledged 8 billion to the nhs.

Not quite. The number of patients who were ADMITTED on a Sunday and die (not necessarily on a Sunday) is higher than the number who were ADMITTED on a Wednesday and die.

That's because Patients admitted on weekends tend to be sicker/more critical than those admitted during the week, who are mostly scheduled admissions.

LOL SNP MPs took up Labour benches, what complete novices. I feel there will be quite a few antics going on over the next 5 years.

totallywired said:
worsleyweb said:
The perfect fumble said:
There is a sort of honesty about the Tories though that I do admire.

Labour are often accused of being bitter, out to screw the wealth creators and risk takers, but in power they rarely do. The Tories are accused of class warfare, out to screw the working classes and the poor, and in power that's precisely what they do.

Imagine if I had threatened to go on strike in the middle of the recession? I would sack anyone who goes on strike.
Bless. What an angry boss you are.
I wonder if he's had paternity/maternity leave , sick pay, bank holiday off etc, because people striking got him those rights!!

Blue Maverick said:
totallywired said:
worsleyweb said:
Imagine if I had threatened to go on strike in the middle of the recession? I would sack anyone who goes on strike.
I wonder if he's had paternity/maternity leave , sick pay, bank holiday off etc, because people striking got him those rights!!

If you work for yourself and employ a few people you probably don't get any of those except Bank Holidays which end up costing small Companies a small fortune

whp.blue said:
Blue Maverick said:
totallywired said:

If you work for yourself and employ a few people you probably don't get any of those except Bank Holidays which end up costing small Companies a small fortune
But the people who work for him do and that's down to unions in the past, or maybe we should go back to the workhouses and be grateful we are employed no matter how we are treated.

karen7 said:
So we are now in deflation

Can someome explain if this is good or bad please

Someone unbiased preferably

Analysis: Robert Peston, BBC economics editor

The last time we saw a price fall in the UK was March 1960, before even I was born, when there was a drop (probably) of 0.6%.

So my natural impulse is to say that deflation has arrived in Britain - because there is no other word in the English language than "deflation" to describe this phenomenon.

However many of those who define themselves as "serious economists" (that's not me, by the way - I'm a hack) are desperately anxious that I and you don't use the "d" word - for two reasons.

One is that they say proper deflation is a long term term trend of declining prices, and they believe - almost certainly correctly - that these current price falls won't endure much more than a month or two.

The other is that proper deflation is pernicious: if we believed that prices were set to fall month after relentless month, we would spend less - in the hope of picking up bargains later - and our bosses would pay us less.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32796307

karen7 said:

If the UK is in deflation, it's going to be impossible to service that national debt. Too early to say yet.

The perfect fumble said:
karen7 said:

Analysis: Robert Peston, BBC economics editor

The last time we saw a price fall in the UK was March 1960, before even I was born, when there was a drop (probably) of 0.6%.

So my natural impulse is to say that deflation has arrived in Britain - because there is no other word in the English language than "deflation" to describe this phenomenon.

However many of those who define themselves as "serious economists" (that's not me, by the way - I'm a hack) are desperately anxious that I and you don't use the "d" word - for two reasons.

One is that they say proper deflation is a long term term trend of declining prices, and they believe - almost certainly correctly - that these current price falls won't endure much more than a month or two.

The other is that proper deflation is pernicious: if we believed that prices were set to fall month after relentless month, we would spend less - in the hope of picking up bargains later - and our bosses would pay us less.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32796307

Thanks luv,i will read into it a bit more

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.