The Post General Election Thread

A message to all RW....... sorry conservative colleagues.
You won the election, you've had your gloat (fair enough), but it's over.
Nothing here to see now so move on.

Copy to Mods: Suggest closure of thread.

A message to all RW....... sorry conservative colleagues.
You won the election, you've had your gloat (fair enough), but it's over.
Nothing here to see now so move on.

Copy to Mods: Suggest closure of thread.
I haven't bothered much with this thread recently because of the beaker etc references
It would be nice to have an on-going political discussion and about what the tories are doing without all the childish stuff

I haven't bothered much with this thread recently because of the beaker etc references
It would be nice to have an on-going political discussion and about what the tories are doing without all the childish stuff

continuing to get the country back on a better footing as they were doing before the election

It would appear they are doing all the things they were elected to do

I'd like to read some background stuff on these Academy Schools. Heard some bloke on 5Live saying they were privatisation by stealth, but he then went on to mention fat cats and big salaries and ended up sounding like a nutjob as he veered off into a rant. However, I heard another report that said the government are trying to make every failing school turn into an Academy, and reducing the rights of parents, and others, to protest about it, or raise objections - this sound a bit dodgy as well.

This will be a contentious battle ground I think.

I'd like to read some background stuff on these Academy Schools. Heard some bloke on 5Live saying they were privatisation by stealth, but he then went on to mention fat cats and big salaries and ended up sounding like a nutjob as he veered off into a rant. However, I heard another report that said the government are trying to make every failing school turn into an Academy, and reducing the rights of parents, and others, to protest about it, or raise objections - this sound a bit dodgy as well.

This will be a contentious battle ground I think.
I've been lucky enough to see their manifesto regarding the 'failing' schools
School leaders will be removed and the Secretary of State will have powers to disband the governing body and instruct the local authority to force the school to join an Academy school.
Employment law out of the window, no consultation with parents about what they might want and no local accountability.

On your other point I can understand what the guy was ranting about.
Heads from successful schools will be put in charge, as well as running their own school. I sometimes assist in this and heads ask me what should they 'charge' on top of their current salary. I have been working with some whose salary are upwards of £150,000 with bonuses on top.

I've been lucky enough to see their manifesto regarding the 'failing' schools
School leaders will be removed and the Secretary of State will have powers to disband the governing body and instruct the local authority to force the school to join an Academy school.
Employment law out of the window, no consultation with parents about what they might want and no local accountability.

On your other point I can understand what the guy was ranting about.
Heads from successful schools will be put in charge, as well as running their own school. I sometimes assist in this and heads ask me what should they 'charge' on top of their current salary. I have been working with some whose salary are upwards of £150,000 with bonuses on top.
Thanks for that. On reading that I'd say some people are going to make a lot of dosh, and I'd suggest the money could be better spent. Is it 'privatisation by stealth', or are the Academies under control of the government (I'm guessing the local authority are out of the picture by this point)?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.