The Post General Election Thread

I don't disagree
But the money is being used to pay well over the odds and that money should be used to improve the resources for the children.
I know one who gets a bonus of £40k if the school hits it's targets. Fair enough but the people who actually put it into practice are the teachers in the classroom, and they get nothing for it.

Good teachers are a national treasure and should be treated as one, bad teachers need to be shown the door.

That is why unqualified teachers are being offered jobs at half the pay.

Money saving fucking nonsense. The kids are the future and we owe them bettter than what they will get.

I despair at the Tories they will sell anything for a profit for there already rich mates
The difference between an Academy and a state school is that the latter has to employ fully trained qualified teachers, Academies can employ monkeys
This saves the Academy money which goes back into the sponsors pocket or pays huge bonuses to the leaders

I don't disagree, and I've spent years doing exactly that.
The system doesn't reward good teachers, and they're the ones who will leave because they are good enough to get jobs anywhere else

As an educationalist yourself how would propose this happened?

The difference between an Academy and a state school is that the latter has to employ fully trained qualified teachers, Academies can employ monkeys
This saves the Academy money which goes back into the sponsors pocket or pays huge bonuses to the leaders

So teach them ABC, how to count to 10 and then work them til death

I wonder why the Neo Liberal elite love them so much

As an educationalist yourself how would propose this happened?
Fortunately Rasc, that was another life!

It's a toughie. Payment by results seems to be the only logical way forward but heads should also be able to make decisions from what they actually know of the staff. Unfortunately that could be too subjective and some heads can be right cunts, having favourites and the like. Not me of course, I hated everyone!

I used to do the Perf Management of staff and wanted three objectives.
1. Students perform as well as their predictions
2. Teachers lessons are good or better
3. They have good attendance.

The LA would never allow number 3 but did the other 2. If staff met all three they would get their pay award.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.