The Post General Election Thread

The local authority have no say about the running of an Academy
However ther are two main types of Academy, one that is sponsored and one that could just be the school wanting to go it alone, perhaps with a couple of primary partners.
I've set up both types in the past.

They are really 'independent' schools free of any restrictions but answerable directly to the DfE.
The sponsored one I set up was definitely privatisation by stealth and the sponsor took more money out than he ever put in. The current Government are rushing headlong in to speeding the programme up in order to break up a national eduction system and the collective bargaining for teachers through their national unions.
Breaking up 10,000 schools in 104 local authorities in to separate entities means each will have its own policies and practices and individual pay scales.

The new manifesto seems unconstitutional and I'm glad I don't have to work in a 'failing' school and put up with all the politicL bullshit they will face.

I've been lucky enough to see their manifesto regarding the 'failing' schools
School leaders will be removed and the Secretary of State will have powers to disband the governing body and instruct the local authority to force the school to join an Academy school.
Employment law out of the window, no consultation with parents about what they might want and no local accountability.

On your other point I can understand what the guy was ranting about.
Heads from successful schools will be put in charge, as well as running their own school. I sometimes assist in this and heads ask me what should they 'charge' on top of their current salary. I have been working with some whose salary are upwards of £150,000 with bonuses on top.

Pay peanuts you get monkeys, people at the top of their profession get paid well.

Pay peanuts you get monkeys, people at the top of their profession get paid well.
I don't disagree
But the money is being used to pay well over the odds and that money should be used to improve the resources for the children.
I know one who gets a bonus of £40k if the school hits it's targets. Fair enough but the people who actually put it into practice are the teachers in the classroom, and they get nothing for it.

Employment law out of the window, no consultation with parents about what they might want and no local accountability.

The Tories love a bit of this.

As long as the failing state education system produces units of production that can be exploited by the rich why should they bother?

Surplus value increase only benefit the better off.

It all sounds dangerous to me, and I'm certainly not a Leftie. Anyone on the Right agree with this? The broad brush policy may sound OK, in saving failing schools, however I bet the term 'failing' is extremely broad and open to interpretation.

It all sounds dangerous to me, and I'm certainly not a Leftie. Anyone on the Right agree with this? The broad brush policy may sound OK, in saving failing schools, however I bet the term 'failing' is extremely broad and open to interpretation.
Well I'm certainly more right that left, but I think the policies introduced by Blair and then accelerated by the conservatives will end up with eduction in disarray. I think teachers will end up leaving in droves.
You already can't get teachers of maths, physics, chemistry, English, geography, technology as new entrants and if the economy continues to pick up it will just get worse.

I don't disagree
But the money is being used to pay well over the odds and that money should be used to improve the resources for the children.
I know one who gets a bonus of £40k if the school hits it's targets. Fair enough but the people who actually put it into practice are the teachers in the classroom, and they get nothing for it.
So he/she gets paid to do a job, then gets an extra £40k if they do the job well. Fuck me, the world has gone mad. Mind you, if they're on the minimum wage to start with then fair play.......

Well I'm certainly more right that left, but I think the policies introduced by Blair and then accelerated by the conservatives will end up with eduction in disarray. I think teachers will end up leaving in droves.
You already can't get teachers of maths, physics, chemistry, English, geography, technology as new entrants and if the economy continues to pick up it will just get worse.

That is why unqualified teachers are being offered jobs at half the pay.

Money saving fucking nonsense. The kids are the future and we owe them bettter than what they will get.

I despair at the Tories they will sell anything for a profit for there already rich mates

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.