The Post General Election Thread

If it is only £1 in every £100 then your time spent studying the cuts can explain this

Welfare bill is projected by the OBR to reach £167bn by 2017 but Osborne wants £12bn of welfare cuts.

Now maths is not my strongest suit, but £12bn is not 1% of £167bn

Thanks in advance.
worsleyweb was talking about Public Sector funding, not the welfare bill, I should imagine the cost of the Public Sector is much greater than the welfare bill

worsleyweb was talking about Public Sector funding, not the welfare bill, I should imagine the cost of the Public Sector is much greater than the welfare bill

Ah. See you got it.

What actually constitutes the Public Sector. Are state pensions not in the Public Sector, because i dont recall them being privatised.

It was actually a promise so vague and vacuous that it has no real meaning.

Lets say then and see what his answers are to this.

If you take £1 out of every £100 in the public sector away from schools that would result in the closure of on 2012 figures 247 schools.

If we do the same with transport do we only replace 99% of a roads pot holes and only build 100 mile roads that are 99 miles long?

Osborne will go down as the worst Chancellor in history as he is absolutly fucking clueless and he is a confirmed and brazen liar. His agenda of austerity is nothing more than a huge Neo Liberal move to shrink the state. Why can he not be honest about his motives? Remember this man has borrowed more money in the last 5 years than every Labour Chancellor in history combined.....think about that?

Also, as a rule, anyone mentioning class, usually lacks it.

I guess this post is aimed at me, as I am the one who GDM quoted and it was me who mentioned the lack of class. It has been said I do lack class on occasions, however don't we all at times? I just think there are better ways to enjoy winning than ramming it down the loser's throats mate. I didnt want to come across as being the 'Arsenal fan' of the thread in anyway. That was not my intension, I just think gloating is rather indelicate and quite vulgar. I am not a Labour supporter by any means, so I am not coming at this from being upset by the election result, even if the Tory win did surprise me.

It is my view that debate is sadly lacking in the politics threads on here, point scoring and partisan views are the order of the day. It also seems some can't put their point across without making it personal. The truth is there isn't a large difference between Labour and Tory like there was 20-25 years ago, which makes the party political divisions seen on these threads all the dafter. I am like a moth to a flame that I click on these threads hoping they might change and some serious debate around how things should or could change for the better is occurring, but it isn't happening. I do like to try and take in other people's point of view is probably why I do it, as I know I am in the minority politically speaking. People in general seem too busy trying to look smart or clever than actually realising the political parties and politicians are all much of a muchness and what we need an over haul of how and who is elected to run this country, as to represent it more accurately and more efficiently.

Ah. See you got it.

What actually constitutes the Public Sector. Are state pensions not in the Public Sector, because i dont recall them being privatised.

It was actually a promise so vague and vacuous that it has no real meaning.

Lets say then and see what his answers are to this.

If you take £1 out of every £100 in the public sector away from schools that would result in the closure of on 2012 figures 247 schools.

If we do the same with transport do we only replace 99% of a roads pot holes and only build 100 mile roads that are 99 miles long?

Osborne will go down as the worst Chancellor in history as he is absolutly fucking clueless and he is a confirmed and brazen liar. His agenda of austerity is nothing more than a huge Neo Liberal move to shrink the state. Why can he not be honest about his motives? Remember this man has borrowed more money in the last 5 years than every Labour Chancellor in history combined.....think about that?

I've heard Osborne eats children as well.

This is why i avoided the thread. Anyone thinking the cuts are a good thing is branded a nutter. No reasoned debate.

[QUcareful TE="worsleyweb, post: 8609488, member: 25627"]This is why i avoided the thread. Anyone thinking the cuts are a good thing is branded a nutter. No reasoned debate.[/QUOTE]

Be careful you might start annoying people with that attitude.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.