The Post Transfer Deadline Day (positive) Thread

Our first signing was Bernardo Silva, who will yet be seen as the bargain of the window. I've said for a while how essential it is for City to lock down a long-term replacement for Spanish Dave in the position and we've got perhaps the best fit, with the added advantage he get's to play alongside the latter and learn from him. A massive signing IMO.

Ederson was my GK of choice for a long time and I'm thrilled we got him, his energy and confidence are second to none and he's an instant and long term upgrade for us. Will make a huge difference this season.

Kyle Walker is the best right back in the league. We literally replaced an out-of-position Jesus Navas with him, that's insane.

I think Danillo will be a cult favorite here. He toiled at Madrid, but he's quality and his game far better suits what Pep offers. Some were disappointed that we lost Alves and got Danillo instead, I think those fears have already been quashed.

I said, when there was a bit of flapping going on, if we got Benjamin Mendy that I'd ask for nothing more and it would be among the best windows we've had. Well we got him. He was exceptional last week and will only get better as he gets adjusted to the team and the league. The difference between having Mendy there and Clichy there is night and day.

All in - amazing window with some great business by City. We finally shed a lot of dead weight and replaced them with a core that will, with a few more solid additions, rise to the top of the pack for a considerable time. Missing out on Sanchez is, obviously, disappointing, but let that not detract from what we've accomplished and our rivals are rightfully scared when they see what a beast we are becoming.

Massive plus that 30 plus games are going to be shared out amongst our already superb forward line, although I reckon pep is not happy he hasn't got the one he coveted most and has a ready made excuse that by this failure almost allows failure by any shortcomings that may ensue.

The ending of this window was only disappointing because we missed out on our auxiliary targets, and with regards to Sanchez, of course I'm disappointed, but it's not the end of the world and has no bearing on the rest of the window. Particularly because the only reason we failed was an incredible lack of preparation from arsenal and their complete incompetence with dealing with us, Wether or was intentional or unintentional I couldnt actually say.

But the signings we have made have all been top notch - Bernardo, mendy, enderson and Walker really look the business and I can't wait for the team to gel properly also Danilo looks like a real pro and definitely has a lot to contribute. Combined with the deadwood we've managed to shift then i think we've done alright
I think we've had a great window, we're finally getting a new spine of the team.

Still a great window despite Sanchez. Jesus was class again for Brazil, I cant help but feel with De Bruyne no10 and Sterling and Sane running off him we would be incredible going forward. Aguero can still play a huge role for us.

Sanchez would have topped things off though and we would have had a squad capable of winning the CL. A perfect mix of youth and experience. We can still challenge though, just need Sterling and Sane to step up further (Sterling has already scored twice so encouraging signs).

Our bigger issue is at CB. And cover at DM. We have kept Delph which, if he stays fit, could be crucial to our season because he has so much energy in the middle and we do need someone of that ilk for certain games.

Hopefully foden and diaz get a chance and we will have to see how players do at girona too who have started their season impressively.

Overall a great window that could have been an unbelievable one with sanchez. Still. Let us see what happens with that one.

Injuries to Aguero or Jesus do leave us short up top but we should still manage and might even benefit from playing a false 9!

Ederson, Walker, Kompany, Stones, Mendy, Gundogan, Ferny, Sane, De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling.

Still options there!

I'm pleased.
We've got power and pace with the new full backs, a long term successor for Dave and hopefully a cracking keeper.
All we need now is Vinny to stay fit

Good window. We had problems in FB positions and goalkeeper sorted them.

Selling Kelechi has left us light up top, agreed.

Frankly Pep has got few excuses if he can't get a tune out of this lot.

We strengthened all over for sure, you could also say that mangala also strengthened the defence, the contract for yaya was also a bonus but we have definitely left ourselves short up front and although we have options to fill in their not quite what we're required.
January can't come quick enough for pep I reckon, it'll be an area we're already working on and hoping that we stay reasonably injury free til we get there.

The business we did was great, but I can't help worry about cover at centre back, left back and up top.

We're a tad light in key areas but there's still more than enough depth to win this league at a canter.

Our rivals look at the strength of our squad in awe. Let's give Liverpool a hammering next Saturday!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.