The Poznan Celebration

mcfcgaz said:
SWP's back said:
Its the fans that make a difference. So yes. Yes I would.
these stadiums are killing the game. you don't have a clue, probably the type who goes 2 aways a year

Come find me at Chelsea and see.

Idiotic thing to say.

Luddite.<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:31 pm --<br /><br />
mcfcgaz said:
PEOPLE LIKE THIS ARE WHY WE GET THE PISS RIPPED OUT OF US- they don't have a clue.
why would you get splinters when we would be stood up for fuck sake

What a lovely addition to the forum you are.

mcfcgaz said:
PEOPLE LIKE THIS ARE WHY WE GET THE PISS RIPPED OUT OF US- they don't have a clue.

Yes I agree, and looking at the opposition fans for 90 mins too, trying to wind them up but getting wound up in the process.

As Everton's ambassador to the 21st century, Shack is always more than welcome on here in my book. Best away fan poster, along with Shafter the stokie and the Bradford City lad, markbcfc is it?
Was talking to a mate who follows Leicester and their away fans especially have taken on the Poznan after the cup ties against us. Apparently loads of them did it when they beat Derby the evening we played at the swamp

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
mcfcgaz said:

Rag
??

SWP's back said:
mcfcgaz said:
these stadiums are killing the game. you don't have a clue, probably the type who goes 2 aways a year

Come find me at Chelsea and see.

Idiotic thing to say.

Luddite.

-- Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:31 pm --

mcfcgaz said:

What a lovely addition to the forum you are.

not going chelsea, no ticket at the moment

Goodison for all its age and wear still is a hostile place to go and most fans who lived through the 80s probably still like it in a weird way. Some of the new stadium are soulless to say the least. Football fans in main all have same emotions re there club and we all want success. We have had more than most but its history now. And sadly our future is bleak. But as you know only too well it can change. So we dream and it's probably all I can do. Am not adverse to city and its fans as unlike both our red rivals you seem not to have the arrogance that selling the soul of your club brings. I could never imagine a Pete boyle at either of our clubs. Which is no bad thing ; )

shackattack said:
Goodison for all its age and wear still is a hostile place to go and most fans who lived through the 80s probably still like it in a weird way. Some of the new stadium are soulless to say the least. Football fans in main all have same emotions re there club and we all want success. We have had more than most but its history now. And sadly our future is bleak. But as you know only too well it can change. So we dream and it's probably all I can do. Am not adverse to city and its fans as unlike both our red rivals you seem not to have the arrogance that selling the soul of your club brings. I could never imagine a Pete boyle at either of our clubs. Which is no bad thing ; )

I can't really disagree with you really but I still maintain that Everton get under my skin for the reasons I have pointed out, but I will concede that we would probably be the same if the roles were reversed.
As for new Stadiums being soulless? Well in it's short life our stadium has generated some tepid atmospheres but has also been electrifying on many occasions as well. Coms is a great ground, not a bad view from any seat and right on top of the pitch. It's all about whether the fans are in the mood. I can remember times in the mid eighties when the Kippax had gaps everywhere, the Platt Lane had a few hundred away fans huddled in the middle and the whole experience was utterly depressing. I can also remember in the early noughties, paying £26 to sit in the Main Stand with a stanchion between my line of sight and the goal mouth.

I don't know how old you are Mcfcgaz but Maine Road had had her day, by the end her stands were a series of sad afterthoughts and her soul had vanished in April 1993 after the Chelsea game.
I'm a progressive City fan, some of the football now is the best I have ever seen since my first game in August 79. The club is in the best shape, I feel better valued as a fan. No I don't got to many aways, 1 last season, none so far this season but that's because I've got finances, work and family life to balance. I don't like to put all my eggs in one basket so to speak. If that makes me less of a fan in your eyes then so be it.

trueblue09 said:
Red Wings said:
Well it is, get your own celebrations.

its not anyones celebration poznan didnt start it fenerbache and teams like that were doing it before them so why dont you get your facts right you .
Edit that mate fucking hell, it's football ffs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.