The press, City and Madeleine McCann

It beggars belief the extent some people will go to in order to make their point (again!)

Comparing the McCann case to press coverage of City is ridiculous on every level, and whats more it's so tasteless it borders on being sick IMO.

mammutly said:
It beggars belief the extent some people will go to in order to make their point (again!)

Comparing the McCann case to press coverage of City is ridiculous on every level, and whats more it's so tasteless it borders on being sick IMO.

This from the man who hijacked an RIP thread to put across his political views. Now that's irony!

mammutly said:

Er..... How is it sick? He's made some points that tbh are true if you look, problem with everyone today, the world is too sensitive.

Prestwich_Blue said:
salfordtrueblue said:
Dont like this post,very bad taste.The way it trivualises the kidnapping or murder of a young girl.
I wouldn't trust the McCanns any further than I could throw them but this is about a Parliamentary hearing into standards in the press.

While I would never class City alongside whatever happened to Madeleine, I am trying to make the point that the principle of snesationalist reporting applies to everyone. Garry Cook has as much right to feel aggrieved as Gerry McCann, as his character has been assasinated in the press, as has Hughes and the name of the club in general.

I take your point entirely. We know, no, we knew all along, the Street of Shame would stoop lower than a snake's belly in the pursuit of a story, sorry, in a pathetic attempt to sell chip wrappers. No story, Jeez, make one up - some silly arse will believe it.

stony said:
mammutly said:

This from the man who hijacked an RIP thread to put across his political views. Now that's irony!

Actually, I posted what so upset you BEFORE the news of the policeman being murdered. At that stage the thread was a more general discussion. It seems to me that you pursue personal agendas and that blinds your judgement.

mammutly said:
stony said:
mammutly said:

Actually, I posted what so upset you BEFORE the news of the policeman being murdered. At that stage the thread was a more general discussion. It seems to me that you pursue personal agendas and that blinds your judgement.

If you're going to lie at least make it so it can't be disproved.
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=111593&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=111593&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30</a>

stony said:
mammutly said:
stony said:
mammutly said:

If you're going to lie at least make it so it can't be disproved.
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=111593&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=111593&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30</a>

I'm not lying. I genuinely posted that comment before the policeman story came out. Every body knows it can sometimes take time for posts to show up.
I have no fear of standing by what I said and arguing with whoever. In this instance I still stand by what I said, but the timing was not what I would willingly have chosen.
If you don't believe me, I don't give a shit TBH.

A mate of mine knocked a young lad over a few years ago..the kid ran out in front of him, totally blameless. He was bagged and blew negative, he'd only had 1 bottle about an hour before.
When this was reported in the press, it read along the lines of " the driver of the car had been drinking"...He was absoutely slated by everyone...pisshead knocking kid down etc etc..he ended up having to move house...no one believed him and the paper said "we reported it correctly...you had been drinking"...they were right, but morally?...I think not.

I was once in an article in the MEN (many years ago). I was referred to as the "estranged" wife of the defendant in a court case.

Two points here

1. That article, in its entirety, was so biased toward the defendant I stopped reading the MEN from that point on. I was the victim of ferocious violence and he (and I quote) was "simply trying to keep his family together." Yeah, by stabbling me 6 times?

2. The word "estranged." If you live where I do you get numbnuts then coming up to you and saying "That was awful! We read it in the paper. They said you were weird or something??!!"

I didn't ask to be in the news, but I do wish they had been a little more balanced in their reports of the case.

And I do wish they hadn't used the word "estranged." The MEN does reach the backwaters after all.

;-)

Prestwich_Blue said:
salfordtrueblue said:
Dont like this post,very bad taste.The way it trivualises the kidnapping or murder of a young girl.
I wouldn't trust the McCanns any further than I could throw them but this is about a Parliamentary hearing into standards in the press.

While I would never class City alongside whatever happened to Madeleine, I am trying to make the point that the principle of snesationalist reporting applies to everyone. Garry Cook has as much right to feel aggrieved as Gerry McCann, as his character has been assasinated in the press, as has Hughes and the name of the club in general.
I understand clearly the point your making but its a very disjointed analogy to compare a man whos lost his daughter,to an executive chairman whos being very well paid.
If we where chatting this over a pint in the friendship,id say dont talk such shite, but im bein polite on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.