The press, City and Madeleine McCann

Didsbury Dave said:
To be brutally honest you do sometimes come across a bit estrange, Mackenzie.

Honest to God, after the court case article I didn't think it could get any worse.

But the fuckwittery (kudos to GStar for that word) of those two women did make me smile.

"Estranged of Bury. Weirdo and NotRight."

Unfortunately, we live in a free society. That means freedom of expression, opinion and speech.

It's a bit annoying at times, but that is the way it works.

The Maccans will have to learn the same lessons, that the rest of the media loving people out there, that use the media to earn them money, have had to learn. You can't have it all ways.

They want it said that they didn't have anything to do with their kids dissapearence, but fuck me, if the press arn't aloud to speculate anymore, then we will all lead a boring life if we pick a paper up in the morning.

This country needs to grow up a bit. There are much bigger issues going on at the moment. Lets focus on the real issues, and not a couple of probable murderers bitching at newspapers being newspapers.

this thread is a fucking debacle. i cant believe people are responding with the words and phrases "probable murders" etc.

where did you get this information from? who bestowed you with this incredible insight???

the fucking press! which is exactly the same thing that McCann was talking about.

trial by media! and once the seeds are sewn it is very hard to undo them. this thread is proof of that.

non-of us are in a position to pass judgment nor to assume guilt especially when our information is derived from the likes of the sun, the express and the fucking mail - newspapers that sell on disinformation, roumour mongering and having a gossip loving, stale, bored reader-base.

thread starter, i know you probably didn't mean to cause any offence with this thread, and that plenty have taken it out of, and from its original context, but you really should have thought a bit longer on this one.

I'm sorry but who where the last people to see the girl alive? Either the parents or one of their friends. No correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that get them high up on the list of suspects if it happened over here?
But because it happened abroad we tend to have this ideal of foreigners doing crap in their jobs, how dare they suspect the lovely middle class McCanns. If it was a working class mother from Salford or any equel shithole the press would of crucified them. But because the press backed the McCanns (for a good while anyway) they (the McCanns) were happy to wide on that publicity wave. So in that respect; fuck them.

I'm done now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.