The Pro Road Cycling Thread

Tbh, I am not keen on them. Prefer the focus on the individual.

Ineos should just have Dennis start off the first 5km and Ganna do 10km on his own ;)

Haha, indeed. I must say, as a spectator I agree, they’re not too exciting to watch, though there’s a certain aesthetic to appreciate if they are executed well I suppose. Is your objection more if a morality/fairness one? If so, I can see that too, though many stages can be highly influenced by the success of your own team (unless your name is Pogacar of course ;-)

Haha, indeed. I must say, as a spectator I agree, they’re not too exciting to watch, though there’s a certain aesthetic to appreciate if they are executed well I suppose. Is your objection more if a morality/fairness one? If so, I can see that too, though many stages can be highly influenced by the success of your own team (unless your name is Pogacar of course ;-)

Indeed, it's partly due to it disproportionately benefitting the riders from the wealthier teams and it's about the team rather than the individual. It's not right, imo, that a GC rider who is poor at TT possibly gaining time on another GC rider who is a good TTer.

I think it was on here recently where I bemoaned TTTs and expressed a view that they were not even aesthetically pleasing. Most TTT teams look like they have barely practised so they tend to look untidy. Team pursuits, now they look good when they do it. :)

Just watched Itv4 Highlights. Good stage win for Dan Martin finishing on a climb in the Vuelta.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.