The Pro Road Cycling Thread

When is someone, anyone, going to tell him to put his shovel down:

Just in case you hadn't caught up fully: Lance was bang at it.
Haha. He was! I saw him win the Tour in 2003 and then again in 2004, the latter after cycling from Prestwich to Paris to witness it. Those Armstrong years were fab years despite the drugs. Used to love his battles with Pantani (rip) and Jan Ulrich.

Haha. He was! I saw him win the Tour in 2003 and then again in 2004, the latter after cycling from Prestwich to Paris to witness it. Those Armstrong years were fab years despite the drugs. Used to love his battles with Pantani (rip) and Jan Ulrich.
Chapeau mate for that ride. I went the year Flandis "won" it, was a great spectacle in Paris but the year they did the prologue in London was utterly superb. I got the train down, picked a great spot then popped in and out of the pub whilst watching the cream of cycling whizz by. By the time Cancellara came down as last rider I was fucking steaming!

Chapeau mate for that ride. I went the year Flandis "won" it, was a great spectacle in Paris but the year they did the prologue in London was utterly superb. I got the train down, picked a great spot then popped in and out of the pub whilst watching the cream of cycling whizz by. By the time Cancellara came down as last rider I was fucking steaming!
Me too! Went to London to see the prologue it was an awesome sight to see so many British people interested in cycling. However, it was eclipsed by Yorkshire when the Tour started there. I cycled to Masham and camped overnight. The day before the streets/roads were awash with cyclists and cars were nowhere to be seen. It was quite emotional and one of my favourite ever days on a bike. That weekend was truly brilliant.

Ian Stannard retires, what a rider, unselfish and a monster on the front for Sky, his fucking over of three Quickstep riders to win the Omloop het Nieuwsblad was a thing of Brains and Brawn.

proper career which without Sky’s foray might not have got the recognition his talent deserved.
He was our equivalent of Jens Voigt. #shutuplegs

When is someone, anyone, going to tell him to put his shovel down:

Fun fact - Sutton as mentioned in one of these stories lives in a flat above a bike shop around the corner from me. He is good mates with the guy that runs the shop who I have had dealings with and who is a bit of a twat.

Fun fact - Sutton as mentioned in one of these stories lives in a flat above a bike shop around the corner from me. He is good mates with the guy that runs the shop who I have had dealings with and who is a bit of a twat.
That wouldn't be the same shop (WW) selling that was selling 2nd hand GB Pinarello bikes would it?!?

Last day of the season.
I thought all 3 tours have been great this year and a very welcome release from the world.
Found this alot more entertaining than the soulless football we are being offered to watch.
I know you cant compare the two sports but at least with cycling you get to see such wonderful countryside.

Really looking forward to next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.