The Pro Road Cycling Thread

Last day of the season.
I thought all 3 tours have been great this year and a very welcome release from the world.
Found this alot more entertaining than the soulless football we are being offered to watch.
I know you cant compare the two sports but at least with cycling you get to see such wonderful countryside.

Really looking forward to next season.

Cyclocross season is upon us not quite as scenic but those lads are tough fuckers

his fucking over of three Quickstep riders to win the Omloop het Nieuwsblad was a thing of Brains and Brawn.

That was an incredible ride. Not just any old EQS riders either. They were three of the best Classics riders around. Froome, especially, benefited from greatly from Yogi's work.

The arthritis had clearly been affecting him for a while as he hasn't been near his best for around three years.

Fuckin hell it’s shite with no cycling to watch. Any idea when the spring classics start - don’t say the spring lol!
Hopefully COVID won’t be getting in the way and forcing races to be scrapped again. Not holding out much hope though.
On a mission this year to up my own mileage. Only did just over 2000 last year but had to cancel two cycling holidays. Aiming for at least 4000 hopefully.

So here we go again.
Ineos announce its Bernal for the Giro, Thomas/TGH/Carapaz for the Tour and Yates for the Vuelta. The Tour profile is not one for the pure climbers really this time - though there is the small matter of Ventoux - twice! - so I can see the sense of not going with Bernal. They’ve also got Porte, Kiwa, Dunbar, Pidcock, Dennis and the turbo that is Ganna for the TTs.
Certainly a line up to give Jumbo something to think about, esp. now Dumoulin has “taken a break”.
Can’t wait for March, which for me is the start of the season, though I know a few races are down for Feb.

Couple of great races in Belgium this weekend to open the “proper” cycling season.
Brilliant couple of performances from Tom Pidcock - just finished 3rd this afternoon in Kuurne - Brussels- Kuurne and an excellent finish ahead of some big name sprinters.
Really pleased to see a new British talent emerge; we’ve not had that much success in 1 day races in recent years, so fantastic to see him place so highly.
Strade Bianchi next Saturday, then Milan - Sam Remo, great stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.