The Pro Road Cycling Thread

Just watched the highlights of the penultimate stage of the tour of the alps.
With our very own Simon Yates consolidating is lead with nearly a minute lead going into the final stage.
And a question for the more knowledgeable poster's on cycling , do you think that Chris Froome is finished has a GC rider?

Absolute scenes at the end of the Queen stage of the Tour of Romandie in Switzerland yesterday; Geraint Thomas in a two way sprint at the “top of the mountain” finish. All he had to do was stay upright; coming first or second would put him in the lead.
Instead he takes one (frozen, numb) hand off the handlebars as he gets out of the saddle 30m from the line to engage in a sprint for bonus seconds / stage win...
Front wheel twists violently to the side and he loses his balance and falls over.
Anyway, final stage TT on now - Thomas in second overall 11 seconds behind leader. I think he’s due off around 1.35-1.40pm, it’s on Eurosport now if anyone’s interested...

Absolute scenes at the end of the Queen stage of the Tour of Romandie in Switzerland yesterday; Geraint Thomas in a two way sprint at the “top of the mountain” finish. All he had to do was stay upright; coming first or second would put him in the lead.
Instead he takes one (frozen, numb) hand off the handlebars as he gets out of the saddle 30m from the line to engage in a sprint for bonus seconds / stage win...
Front wheel twists violently to the side and he loses his balance and falls over.
Anyway, final stage TT on now - Thomas in second overall 11 seconds behind leader. I think he’s due off around 1.35-1.40pm, it’s on Eurosport now if anyone’s interested...

I watched the finish yesterday (had to record because of our game). If anyone could manage to crash up hill, it would be Thomas :)

Hopefully, no damage and he cruises to the win today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.