The promise that was made

Didsbury Dave said:
I just read that quote in the sandwich shop and it could be read as being a touch conciliatory. This is all one big chass game. I notice you make the same point I did when you were typing - worst case scenario would be a PR war. Both sides need to shut up and get round the table. What I don't understand is why this had to get to the point of a fucking transfer request in the first place. Is Cook being a dick about things or is Kia really some machavelian reptile? Or is it a bit of both?

Kia obviously has heard something he doesn't like in behind closed door discussions and went public believing he could force his agenda like Rooney and believe the "anti-city" media would back him.

However he didn't get the reaction he wanted and City's statement made him and Carlos look like idiots, so now he is just trying to save face with little meaning imo.

I don't think the club would release emails to the public. I believe it was merely used as a deterrent for Kia to back down over the whole affair.

The "verbal agreements" for me is key, I think if Kia had anything really substantial to put the dirt on City then it would be out by now.

I could be wrong, but I think the club has one up on Kia at the moment, but let's just see what the long term outcome is first.

Why does it have to be a case of anything, other than what the club officially said it was, namely that Tevez and his agent tried to renegotiate the players contract mid season, against club policy, striking when the iron was hot, so to speak, as we had just gone to the top.
Conspiracy theories always get in the way of a simple answer, the club would not budge after Tevez and his representative tried to pull a fast one, so they then called the clubs bluff, submitting a transfer request, which was rejected.
tevez and his rep have lost this little game as City are the only club in world football that could allow a £50 million player to rot in the reserves, and not only that, but would not have to sell to the highest bidder, avoiding the player going to one of their main rivals for domestic and European honours!

zeven said:
I cant find any qoute,source of any kind that, Mancini would only get half a year? i dont understand where all this comes from? or where it started.

In his first interview on mcfc.co.uk he said his contract was 6 months then 3years. The interviewer then asked if he hoped to be here after the 6 months, Mancini said I hope so. 2 hours later this snippet from the video was removed.
I think thats where the 6 months issue comes into debate, possibly down to his English or a 2 way get out clause? who knows.

Either way Tevez and jorshite should not hold the club to ransom over the managment plans.

Cityfan said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
the 'broken promises' are I suspect some of the aspirations that have been spoken about in our selling of the 'project' that most players have spoken about being conflated into promises.

this is what my initial reaction was. Seems plausable that, in looking for an excuse for their behaviour, team tevez have latched on to some of the grand plans sold to them by cookie and co before he signed (guessing champs league qualification, signing of superstars in the kaka, messi, dare i say it rooney bracket) and twisted the meaning from plans to promises. No doubt that whilst concocting their story, Kia has said "look, they promised you this would happen", when in reality it was more of a "this is our intention".

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I just read that quote in the sandwich shop and it could be read as being a touch conciliatory. This is all one big chass game. I notice you make the same point I did when you were typing - worst case scenario would be a PR war. Both sides need to shut up and get round the table. What I don't understand is why this had to get to the point of a fucking transfer request in the first place. Is Cook being a dick about things or is Kia really some machavelian reptile? Or is it a bit of both?

Kia obviously has heard something he doesn't like in behind closed door discussions and went public believing he could force his agenda like Rooney and believe the "anti-city" media would back him.

However he didn't get the reaction he wanted and City's statement made him and Carlos look like idiots, so now he is just trying to save face with little meaning imo.

I don't think the club would release emails to the public. I believe it was merely used as a deterrent for Kia to back down over the whole affair.

The "verbal agreements" for me is key, I think if Kia had anything really substantial to put the dirt on City then it would be out by now.

I could be wrong, but I think the club has one up on Kia at the moment, but let's just see what the long term outcome is first.

The only problem is Kia has come out and said that if the club publishes the emails or any documents that cover the history of this incident then he has nothing to worry about.
It's either brave talk or he genuinely means it which is worrying and casts a bit more mystery over the topic, because as much as I hate the money grabbing bastard he is a smart businessman.

This might have been mentioned, but there couldn't have been a promise to sack Mancini in the summer.

This last summer followed Khaldoon's statement that Mancini was staying. Certainly no assurances were given to Tevez after that statement, and it would be highly unusual to sack a manager based on the opinion of one player. There's no way Khaldoon went out there and promised Tevez to sack Mancini right after making a public video giving Mancini his full confidence.

I'm still at a loss as to what promise could have been made if not money. Nothing logically makes sense.

If this is true about Mark Hughes being replaced with Mancini costing us Champs League then I'll happily eat my own shit.

Its weird if he (Tevez) doesn't agree with it (Mancini replacing Hughes) even though he has found himself in his best ever form in his career as soon as Mancini stepped in.

Personally if it was a choice between Mancini and Tevez then Mancini would win in my eyes.

Mancini > Tevez

blucat599 said:
Why does it have to be a case of anything, other than what the club officially said it was, namely that Tevez and his agent tried to renegotiate the players contract mid season, against club policy, striking when the iron was hot, so to speak, as we had just gone to the top.
Conspiracy theories always get in the way of a simple answer, the club would not budge after Tevez and his representative tried to pull a fast one, so they then called the clubs bluff, submitting a transfer request, which was rejected.
tevez and his rep have lost this little game as City are the only club in world football that could allow a £50 million player to rot in the reserves, and not only that, but would not have to sell to the highest bidder, avoiding the player going to one of their main rivals for domestic and European honours!

Give that man a badge. Do not be mislead by recurring issues.

It was about money and has since been about Kia wielding his influence to use Carlos as a pawn.

Look how at pains Kia was to discredit any part Cook has played in getting him a job at City and the subsequent purchase of Carlos.

He bet it all on red and it came up black - he played for high stakes but didn't have the intelligence to realise the house always wins.

Especially one that can afford to lose.

Sultana of Brunei said:
I detected a change in approach in Kia Joorabchian's interview this morning and as someone else has said a distinct softening in his language.

As an example

"At a certain time the club and Carlos will have to sit down and try and find an amicable solution here It’s much more constructive for people like Garry and myself to work to find solutions rather than any ideas that we are trying to influence. Everybody is being hurt by this right now"

That reeks of someone who realises he's just pissed in his own swimming pool. It sounds to me like he is firstly trying to win the press round and secondly open the door to some form of reconciliation, however temporary.

Much as it intrigues me to know what is going on, I do wish they would sort this out behind closed doors as if they start revealing e-mail correspondence as both parties have threatened to do then things will get very messy and it really cuts against the professional image our owner seems keen to adopt.

Finally, the other thing that seems really odd to me was the following quote in relation to the accusation he was trying to insert himself into the Yaya Toure deal.

“I’m not an agent so I don’t act as an agent,” he said. “You can see evidence that Manchester City invited me to help them so to suggest anything else is wrong.”

If he isn't an agent then what is he doing trying seeking promises or negotiating new agreements. This seems very odd to me. In fact the whole involvement of this man seems very odd to me. Exactly what is his position?

He's unlicensed - hence illegal - hence 'advisor'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.