The promise that was made

halpo123 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Well unlike some of the abuse-spouting neanderthals on here you're obviously an intelligent lad so yes, that's what I'm suggesting. If you think about it logically, you can't "promise" a top 4 finish, money clearly isn't the issue, he got the captaincy and gets plenty of time off when he needs it.

So it can only be one of two things - either he wanted Mancini out becasue he wasn't happy with the style of play or he was pissed off with being a lone striker and wanted someone else brought in or wanted Bellamy kept in the team. At the end of the day it's all the same thing to a large degree - he wasn't happy with managerial decisions and wanted changes that the manager wasn't prepared to make.

It's quite clear now that Mancini will not be going anywhere and nor should he but the situation was very different back in March/April this year.
as much as i disagree with you there`s no excuse for abusing you
i still think you have a massively negative attitude to City
i apologise profusely but i`ve got my eye on you as i suspect quite a few people have
You're right - there is no excuse for abusing me and you're bloody lucky that the site went down on my work pc just as I was about to report your post.

I'm not massively negative though. If I was, why would I spend Saturday afternoons freezing my bollocks off in places like Stoke & Middlesbrough (among others) as I've done this year (and many others)?

I'll tell you how negative I am - I look at the league table constantly because I can't believe where we are at the moment and have to keep pinching myself.

Let me make it clear for those of you who are too dim to understand.

Mancini is our manager and will be staying as manager.
Mancini has made mistakes (all managers do) but is generally doing a pretty good job.
We are only going to get better with or without Tevez.
It is entirely right that the club backs the manager over a player or group of players, unless it's clear he's a complete disaster.
If the club made a promise or indication to a player and/or his agent that they would change the manager then that's not right in my view. But then neither is a player saying "me or him".

halpo123 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Well unlike some of the abuse-spouting neanderthals on here you're obviously an intelligent lad so yes, that's what I'm suggesting. If you think about it logically, you can't "promise" a top 4 finish, money clearly isn't the issue, he got the captaincy and gets plenty of time off when he needs it.

So it can only be one of two things - either he wanted Mancini out becasue he wasn't happy with the style of play or he was pissed off with being a lone striker and wanted someone else brought in or wanted Bellamy kept in the team. At the end of the day it's all the same thing to a large degree - he wasn't happy with managerial decisions and wanted changes that the manager wasn't prepared to make.

It's quite clear now that Mancini will not be going anywhere and nor should he but the situation was very different back in March/April this year.
as much as i disagree with you there`s no excuse for abusing you
i still think you have a massively negative attitude to City
i apologise profusely but i`ve got my eye on you as i suspect quite a few people have

Yer can breathe again DD and PB. I've got both eyes firmly fixed on me lottery numbers.

Balti said:
Jay said:
KJ is just running a disinformation PR campaign. Chucking out loads of disparate soundbites where the club are defending it to the point of releasing Tevez, because he's more trouble than he's worth.
Pretty much the same technique he ran at United. And the City fans are falling for it.

Us being more 'financially secure' than United should really take the opportunity to turn the tables on these parasites. I think given our current status as the medias favourite whipping boys, standing up to this particular form of corruption in football would do our stock no harm in the eyes of the footballing world.

Hold him to his contract. Make him train with the reserves, whatever, just don't let these agents tactics work.

It's nothing to do with Mancini, Cooke or promises, it's KJ using a bomardment of information to unsettle the club into selling Tevez, no more, no less.

Clearly thats exactly whats happening and I don't think City fans are falling for it one ounce.

The only debate appears to be how long we keep hiim and whether he is picked in the meantime.

Of course we pick him and play him, if he's not in form, drop him. If he weighs in with some goals, great. He's an asset, and he's under contract. His form should dictate that, not what's going on off the pitch. He shouldn't be treated differently to any other player.

This is an opportunity for the club to show what it's about, particularly the fans.

Skashion said:
Has Ian Holloway voiced his outrage yet?

Be patient. Professor Holloway is currently working on a theory to reconcile quantum mechanics and general relativity. After that he will be composing an anti-Tevez Haiku to read out at his Friday press conference.

Well you couldn't make it up the Beeb have just announced that Joorabchian has just said that it's our failure to qualify for the champions league that was the broken promise. Well it certainly could not have been this summer and no one thinks it could have been promised.
It's about the money honey.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
It was down to the players to secure that fourth spot... there was nothing wrong with our tactics, it came down to that game at home against Spurs and they all fucking choked.

Tevez included in that... he is just as responsible as everyone else for failing to qualify for the champions league.
This^^^^^^^^^

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.