The promise that was made

Well based on today's "revelations" here's my view.

(Based on my own reasoning and my faiulre (admittingly) that I cannot appreciate that some people are proper shit stirrers or stupidly thick.

So here goes, the "sensible" point of view.

CV signs on a shed load of money.

During the contract talks, GC/KaM/whoever gives somekind of verbal assurance that we could look at his contract again if we fail to qualify for the CL however there is nothing written in the contract which is for 5 years - hence why KJ has stated broken reneged agreements" i.e. promises or such and not, "broken terms of the contract".

KJ thinks he's bees knees and continues to get "in" at City in order to have as many fingers in as many pies as he can.

After failure to qualify for the CL, CV's footballing disputes with Mancini and following a year of GC getting tough on fees paid to Agents and doors being closed to KJ by the club, I think KJ exerts influence on CV (who trusts him implicity) and tries to engineer a new contract (which would obviously mean more money for KJ himself) and the bargaining chip tossed into the ring is the threat that CV will walk.

The club have none of it and are sticking to their guns about what was signed in the contract and what they expect of agent and player.
The club make a point that they have bent over backwards to help CV with his personal issues regarding his children, which everybody knows isn't the central issue.

I think CV knows this is a game between KJ and the club. I think for every time CV's name is mentioned on any of the statements issued by either side, really, you could just substitute it for KJ's.

KJ feels encouraged by how the Rooney saga turned out.

CV has been helped by from the mean streets to wealth beyond his dreams and global superstardom and for this feels he owe's KJ a debt of gratitude whenever it is requested.

CV shouldn't be villified, but he should be given a slap in order to wake him up and realise KJ has his hand up his arse.

KJ should be (and probably has been) kept at arms length.

Get behind the club, get behind team.

Whatever anybody says the fact is it's "verbal agreements."

Kia evidently has no evidence or proof of these agreements, and he has now backed himself into such a corner with public opinion that if he revealed these "agreements" in public he leaves himself at the mercy of the club, who will automatically deny such claims and in the powerful position they now hold will exercise their muscle on him further.

Beginning of the end for Kia, unless he has email or written promises on record that has club signatures on that have been reneged then he has no power except the ability to waffle and save face.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Whatever anybody says the fact is it's "verbal agreements."

Kia evidently has no evidence or proof of these agreements, and he has now backed himself into such a corner with public opinion that if he revealed these "agreements" in public he leaves himself at the mercy of the club, who will automatically deny such claims and in the powerful position they now hold will exercise their muscle on him further.

Beginning of the end for Kia, unless he has email or written promises on record that has club signatures on that have been reneged then he has no power except the ability to waffle and save face.

If an amicable(ish) solution isn't reached soon, we should expect some "Source close to the player"/"source close to the club" revelations.

That will be bad news all round.

I detected a change in approach in Kia Joorabchian's interview this morning and as someone else has said a distinct softening in his language.

As an example

"At a certain time the club and Carlos will have to sit down and try and find an amicable solution here It’s much more constructive for people like Garry and myself to work to find solutions rather than any ideas that we are trying to influence. Everybody is being hurt by this right now"

That reeks of someone who realises he's just pissed in his own swimming pool. It sounds to me like he is firstly trying to win the press round and secondly open the door to some form of reconciliation, however temporary.

Much as it intrigues me to know what is going on, I do wish they would sort this out behind closed doors as if they start revealing e-mail correspondence as both parties have threatened to do then things will get very messy and it really cuts against the professional image our owner seems keen to adopt.

Finally, the other thing that seems really odd to me was the following quote in relation to the accusation he was trying to insert himself into the Yaya Toure deal.

“I’m not an agent so I don’t act as an agent,” he said. “You can see evidence that Manchester City invited me to help them so to suggest anything else is wrong.”

If he isn't an agent then what is he doing trying seeking promises or negotiating new agreements. This seems very odd to me. In fact the whole involvement of this man seems very odd to me. Exactly what is his position?

I just read that quote in the sandwich shop and it could be read as being a touch conciliatory. This is all one big chass game. I notice you make the same point I did when you were typing - worst case scenario would be a PR war. Both sides need to shut up and get round the table. What I don't understand is why this had to get to the point of a fucking transfer request in the first place. Is Cook being a dick about things or is Kia really some machavelian reptile? Or is it a bit of both?

The Pope said:
Well based on today's "revelations" here's my view.

(Based on my own reasoning and my faiulre (admittingly) that I cannot appreciate that some people are proper shit stirrers or stupidly thick.

So here goes, the "sensible" point of view.

CV signs on a shed load of money.

During the contract talks, GC/KaM/whoever gives somekind of verbal assurance that we could look at his contract again if we fail to qualify for the CL however there is nothing written in the contract which is for 5 years - hence why KJ has stated broken reneged agreements" i.e. promises or such and not, "broken terms of the contract".

KJ thinks he's bees knees and continues to get "in" at City in order to have as many fingers in as many pies as he can.

After failure to qualify for the CL, CV's footballing disputes with Mancini and following a year of GC getting tough on fees paid to Agents and doors being closed to KJ by the club, I think KJ exerts influence on CV (who trusts him implicity) and tries to engineer a new contract (which would obviously mean more money for KJ himself) and the bargaining chip tossed into the ring is the threat that CV will walk.

The club have none of it and are sticking to their guns about what was signed in the contract and what they expect of agent and player.
The club make a point that they have bent over backwards to help CV with his personal issues regarding his children, which everybody knows isn't the central issue.

I think CV knows this is a game between KJ and the club. I think for every time CV's name is mentioned on any of the statements issued by either side, really, you could just substitute it for KJ's.

KJ feels encouraged by how the Rooney saga turned out.

CV has been helped by from the mean streets to wealth beyond his dreams and global superstardom and for this feels he owe's KJ a debt of gratitude whenever it is requested.

CV shouldn't be villified, but he should be given a slap in order to wake him up and realise KJ has his hand up his arse.

KJ should be (and probably has been) kept at arms length.

Get behind the club, get behind team.

That's all well and good mate and quite possibly true, but "CV"...?

SingBlue said:
Does his agent have a check list of possible excuses he's working his way down in a desperate attempt to win public support?

1. He's homesick, he misses his babies, it's all about the children. (Except he just had 4 days off and went to Tenerife instead).

2. I give so much, I'm just to tired, I want to retire. (I especially want to retire to Real Madrid)

3. He has a strained relationship with the Manager. (except his statement says no he doesn't)

4. It's Cook and Marwood! (except he has only ever met them a couple of times, they don't share a common language)

5. It's broken promises (But I can't tell you which ones because....well...just because OK)

6. It's because we didn't make the CL this season. (We were so busy n the summer we didn't notice we hadnt qualified until after the summer window closed).

What next? A terminal disease? Religious conversion means he wants to leave to be a buddhist monk?

This is a like a weird new kind of advent calendar, a new surprise every day.

Every day he looks a bigger fool
No.Apparently the latest one is that the club lacks ambition! Which is a bit strange seeing as the media have been accusing us of wanting instant success and trying to buy the title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.