The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

Gray said:
Need to start the Palace game without Dzeko and Yaya, can not be carrying passengers.

Dzeko scored the first goal in the 2-0 win there last season and right now I'd put more money on him scoring than Aguero. Dzeko is in form too with his international hat trick recently.

lastmanback said:
As of now. We are 9 points behind Chelsea and level on games.
They have to play arsenal, pool the scum and they are not very
Convincing in there resent games. Why are so many city fan's abandoning
this season. IMO season is far from over.

Think big difference has been though Chelaea haven't looked convincing they have ground out wins while we have drew or lost games

lastmanback said:
Yes. And we have to go to the swamp and White Hart Lane in our last batch of games. Do you think that's a surefire 6 points for us? As it stands now, we're 9 points behind Chelsea (and 3 goals worse GD). We can get up to 85 points if we win all our remaining games. For Chelsea to get to the same total (disregarding GD for now), they'd have to drop 9 points in their last nine games, the equivalent of three defeats. So far, they've lost 2 out of 30. If the fat lady isn't singing yet, she's clearing her throat.

jimharri said:
lastmanback said:
Yes. And we have to go to the swamp and White Hart Lane in our last batch of games. Do you think that's a surefire 6 points for us? As it stands now, we're 9 points behind Chelsea (and 3 goals worse GD). We can get up to 85 points if we win all our remaining games. For Chelsea to get to the same total (disregarding GD for now), they'd have to drop 9 points in their last nine games, the equivalent of three defeats. So far, they've lost 2 out of 30. If the fat lady isn't singing yet, she's clearing her throat.

Lets be honest they could lose those three games and there is nothing to stop us winning at both the rags and spurs. No one is saying its a certainty and obviously if you were a betting man you would put your money on Chelsea. That said many would (and did) say the same thing the previous times we have won the league.

One things for sure though it needs the fans AND players to believe and it would be absolutely foolish to not give it a right good go. Our fans seem to demand that we're doing better but as a set of fans we are not showing a big time mentality throwing in the towell.

Those at Palace tomorrow (me included) lets give the team maximum backing. Palace last season was when the title race turned hopefully that can be the case again.

Blue Mooner said:
jimharri said:
lastmanback said:

Lets be honest they could lose those three games and there is nothing to stop us winning at both the rags and spurs. No one is saying its a certainty and obviously if you were a betting man you would put your money on Chelsea. That said many would (and did) say the same thing the previous times we have won the league.

One things for sure though it needs the fans AND players to believe and it would be absolutely foolish to not give it a right good go. Our fans seem to demand that we're doing better but as a set of fans we are not showing a big time mentality throwing in the towell.

Those at Palace tomorrow (me included) lets give the team maximum backing. Palace last season was when the title race turned hopefully that can be the case again.
Believe me, I hope I'm wrong. Nothing would make me happier than to have you on here on the day after the Southampton game, ripping me to pieces. I would "luv it", as was once famously said!

Peanuts_Snoopy_Charlie_Brown_T_Shirt_Iron_on_transfer_011.JPG

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
whp.blue said:
malg said:
Are we in danger of finishing 4th in a two horse race?

My thoughts exactly

In 1972 we were in a one horse race and finished 4th.

Still time for Chelsea to collapse. It's not over yet.

Agreed, long way to go yet. Go out and do the business tonight and the rags won't be quite as cocky going into Sunday. We've a good record there and Chelsea WILL drop points, it's inevitable. So long as we keep the pressure on, let's see how they react then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.