The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

Damanino said:
We need like 15-20 from maximum 24 to avoid 4th imo.

We certainly dont need 8 wins for that. Unless Arse/Mu winning all their remaining games, the one vs each other and also the ones vs Chelsea...

I think even a 6-0-2 or 5-2-1 record would make sure we are top 3 maybe even second.

If we cant do top3 based on remaining fixtures for each team, that will be down to the manager/players not really being motivated and lack of desire +bad tactics than anything else.

Agreed.

Actually we can't afford to finish lower than third, if we want to sign A-grade players during this summer.
I don't see first tier players of the same caliber as Pogba willing to play the qualification rounds for CL during their vacations.

Also bit of financial reasons, as both PL prize money and CL prize money can be higher with 2nd than 4th.
Not much, but could add up to 5-7m difference. Why give that to Arsenal or MU when we need it much more because of FFP...

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
carlosthejackal said:
Not if we have a repeat of Burnley

But if we have a repeat of Southampton ;-)

Or WBA, Stoke, Newcastle away all would be good. I'm hoping the poor performances are now behind us and it's onwards and upwards.......fingers crossed hopefully!!
I admire your optimistic approach. I'm hopeful too. The trouble is our manager stipulates similar mantras. And as an engineer and our manager I would like to hear him speak about solving the team's problems more systematically than we have to spend more money on new players or there is a lack of confidence in the team. That to me isn't the voice of a good manager just woolly headed excuses.

As of now. We are 9 points behind Chelsea and level on games.
They have to play arsenal, pool the scum and they are not very
Convincing in there resent games. Why are so many city fan's abandoning
this season. IMO season is far from over.

lastmanback said:
As of now. We are 9 points behind Chelsea and level on games.
They have to play arsenal, pool the scum and they are not very
Convincing in there resent games. Why are so many city fan's abandoning
this season. IMO season is far from over.
I appreciate your post, it's just that so far and I know the season isn't over yet we haven't looked as convincing as we should be given the players we have.

Hopefully the fact we have dropped to fourth can be the jolt up the arse many of our under performing players need, I'm not holding my breath but if they don't respond then heads should start rolling. The Newcastle game at home when Chelsea drew and it looked we were ready to strike seems a long time ago now

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Hopefully the fact we have dropped to fourth can be the jolt up the arse many of our under performing players need, I'm not holding my breath but if they don't respond then heads should start rolling. The Newcastle game at home when Chelsea drew and it looked we were ready to strike seems a long time ago now

Agreed. If this does not get a response, then I am not sure what will.

The team needs to stand up and be counted now. Dropping out of automatic CL qualification should be absolutely out of the question. We are better than that and it should show over the next several games. And until the title is mathematically over, we should not give that up either.

And we should start with a win at Palace. Then go to the swamp next week full of confidence and wipe the floor with those fucking pretenders and put them in their fucking place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.