The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

Laughable isn't it the blind faith some people have in these players.

6 losses in 8 and you don't have us losing another game....

This really is going to be close Liverpool have a FA cup semi and also more games away from home, you can look at their fixtures either two ways they play the easier fixtures for me but the teams they are playing are going to be scrapping for their life down at the bottom I can see this going down to the last couple of games, We certainly have a fight on our hands for a top 4 place...

City

19 Apr - Premier League

Man City

vs

13:30

West Ham

25 Apr - Premier League

Man City

vs

17:30

Aston Villa

3 May - Premier League

Tottenham

vs

16:00

Man City

10 May - Premier League

Man City

vs

QPR

17 May - Premier League

Swansea City

vs

Man City

24 May - Premier League

Man City

vs

15:00

Southampton

Liverpool

13 Apr - Premier League

Liverpool

vs

20:00

Newcastle

25 Apr - Premier League

West Brom

vs

Liverpool

28 Apr - Premier League

Hull City

vs

19:45

Liverpool

2 May - Premier League

Liverpool

vs

QPR

10 May - Premier League

Chelsea

vs

16:00

Liverpool

16 May - Premier League

Liverpool

vs

17:30

Crystal Palace

24 May - Premier League

Stoke City

vs

Liverpool

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Laughable isn't it the blind faith some people have in these players.

6 losses in 8 and you don't have us losing another game....

I don't get it. What have we possibly shown in 2015 to suggest we will win our last 6! Ludicrous.

dancity19 said:
Sergio Picasso Aguero said:
We will get top 4.

Look at our fixtures:

West Ham (H) - In terrible form, players on the beach, have nothing to play for - Win
Aston Villa (H) - Villa can't defend, Silva and Sergio will destroy them - Win
Spurs (A) - Seem to be trying to avoid finishing in the Europa League positions - Win/Draw
QPR (H) - They need 3 points so will come at us which plays into our hands - Win
Swansea (A) - Tough team but don't have much to play for now - Win/Draw
Saints (H) - By the time we play them they won't be able to get CL so won't have a lot to play for - Win/Draw

Wow - so we have won 4 games in 14, yet you have us potentially winning our remaining 6?

Southampton have:
Stoke away
Spurs home
Sunderland away
Leicester away
Villa at home
Us

I wouldn't say that by the time they play us they will be out of top 4 contention

I think the period of poor form has come since we realised we have no chance of winning the league and this squad which is set up to win the league has suddenly lost it's motivation. Now that the reality has hit home that all we can do now is finish top 4, the players will refocus their minds on a smaller target that they are not used to having to aim for. We have the 1st or 2nd best squad in the league for fuck sake and we are scared of Southampton who are 5 points behind us with 6 games to go. City fans need to man up, we are not going to finish 5th with world class players like Silva and Aguero.

dancity19 said:
We will get top 4.

Look at our fixtures:

West Ham (H) - In terrible form, players on the beach, have nothing to play for - Win
Aston Villa (H) - Villa can't defend, Silva and Sergio will destroy them - Win
Spurs (A) - Seem to be trying to avoid finishing in the Europa League positions - Win/Draw
QPR (H) - They need 3 points so will come at us which plays into our hands - Win
Swansea (A) - Tough team but don't have much to play for now - Win/Draw
Saints (H) - By the time we play them they won't be able to get CL so won't have a lot to play for - Win/Draw

Wow - so we have won 4 games in 14, yet you have us potentially winning our remaining 6?

Southampton have:
Stoke away
Spurs home
Sunderland away
Leicester away
Villa at home
Us

I wouldn't say that by the time they play us they will be out of top 4 contention

I think the period of poor form has come since we realised we have no chance of winning the league and this squad which is set up to win the league has suddenly lost it's motivation. Now that the reality has hit home that all we can do now is finish top 4, the players will refocus their minds on a smaller target that they are not used to having to aim for. We have the 1st or 2nd best squad in the league for fuck sake and we are scared of Southampton who are 5 points behind us with 6 games to go. City fans need to man up, we are not going to finish 5th with world class player like Silva and Aguero in the team.

What you on about mate. We have been wank all 2015, on saturday 10th January we were 2 points behind Chelsea, 10 ahead of United, and 14 ahead of Arsenal (although they had a game in hand).

We have been an utter disgrace this year.

Why has it now suddenly hit home, why didn't it hit home before that pathetic, abject, lazy, passionless performance yesterday??

We have the 1st or 2nd best squad in the league? We are scared of southampton because we have lost 6 games in 8 mate. What have you been watching? Look at the points I put above, look how they have changed. Get your head out of the sand.

We got beaten by Burnley, Palace, United, Liverpool, and scraped a draw at home to Hull with those same world class players.

We will get top 4.

Look at our fixtures:

West Ham (H) - In terrible form, players on the beach, have nothing to play for - Win (Win if we get a response from the team?)
Aston Villa (H) - Villa can't defend, Silva and Sergio will destroy them - Win (they are improving will not be easy)
Spurs (A) - Seem to be trying to avoid finishing in the Europa League positions - Win/Draw (It's an away match don't you know)
QPR (H) - They need 3 points so will come at us which plays into our hands - Win (Joey is on form it will be a tough game)
Swansea (A) - Tough team but don't have much to play for now - Win/Draw (Same as Spurs)
Saints (H) - By the time we play them they won't be able to get CL so won't have a lot to play for - Win/Draw (No chance if they are still capable of top four)
If Pellegrini has lost the team then no points in the two away matches and only a possible 5 (1 win, 2 draws and a loss) from the home, with the crowd getting on the players backs.

Lets face it we are on a downward spiral and are awful.

dancity19 said:
dancity19 said:

Southampton have:
Stoke away
Spurs home
Sunderland away
Leicester away
Villa at home
Us

I think the period of poor form has come since we realised we have no chance of winning the league and this squad which is set up to win the league has suddenly lost it's motivation. Now that the reality has hit home that all we can do now is finish top 4, the players will refocus their minds on a smaller target that they are not used to having to aim for. We have the 1st or 2nd best squad in the league for fuck sake and we are scared of Southampton who are 5 points behind us with 6 games to go. City fans need to man up, we are not going to finish 5th with world class player like Silva and Aguero in the team.

What you on about mate. We have been wank all 2015, on saturday 10th January we were 2 points behind Chelsea, 10 ahead of United, and 14 ahead of Arsenal (although they had a game in hand).

Why has it now suddenly hit home, why didn't it hit home before that pathetic, abject, lazy, passionless performance yesterday??

We have the 1st or 2nd best squad in the league? We are scared of southampton because we have lost 6 games in 8 mate. What have you been watching? Look at the points I put above, look how they have changed. Get your head out of the sand.

We got beaten by Burnley, Palace, United, Liverpool, and scraped a draw at home to Hull with those same world class players.

I'm not fucking blind. We have been poor this year but we've also had a lot of bad luck like 2 offside goals against United, the ball that fell to Ashley Young's could have gone anywhere, Palace's 1st goal was offside, denied a stonewall penalty for handball, Zaba denied a stonewall penalty against Burnley. If we had a bit more luck or if referees did their job we win against Palace and go into the Derby with confidence but when you don't get the luck it's hard to build up any momentum. All we need is a win to get us going and as bad as we've been, a game against West Ham is as close to a guaranteed 3 points as you're gonna get.

That famous City support lol. No wonder the Etihad has such a shit atmosphere.

dancity19 said:

I'm not fucking blind. We have been poor this year but we've also had a lot of bad luck like 2 offside goals against United, the ball that fell to Ashley Young's could have gone anywhere, Palace's 1st goal was offside, denied a stonewall penalty for handball, Zaba denied a stonewall penalty against Burnley. If we had a bit more luck or if referees did their job we win against Palace and go into the Derby with confidence but when you don't get the luck it's hard to build up any momentum. All we need is a win to get us going and as bad as we've been, a game against West Ham is as close to a guaranteed 3 points as you're gonna get.

That famous City support lol. No wonder the Etihad has such a shit atmosphere.

Ha! I'm perfectly content with my support thanks mate.

Oh, ok, we just need a win to kick start things? Like a win against West Brom - did a proper good job of kick starting things didn't it.

Yep, we have had some poor decisions, but when you are on the kind of form we are on, to blame decisions is the ultimate of cop outs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.