The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

Damanino said:
MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
It's really hurting seeing we've gone from discussing Chelsea's fixtures to Spurs, Scousers and Southampton fixtures.

Yep. But if Chelsea wins their game in hand they are 15 points ahead of us.

15 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we had Mourinho as manager no team ever would be 15 points ahead of us. With Pelle it all happened quite soon...

yep like the scum finishing 11 points ahead of us then the season after we win the league scum finished midtable things change quickly in football.. you think a weeks a long time in football try 12 months, that's the beauty of football..

Home to West Ham and Aston Villa in our next two games.

Six points from those two games and our top four chances will be looking very good.

CityFan94 said:

Six points from those two games and our top four chances will be looking very good.

Of course it will but the way we are playing, no game is easy. We even struggled to beat Leicester.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
CityFan94 said:

Of course it will but the way we are playing, no game is easy. We even struggled to beat Leicester.

We struggled to beat Leicester. Yep we beat West Brom - they were down to 10 men after 30 seconds and have since been beaten at home by both Leicester and QPR.

We were saved by a last minute FK against Hull to scrape a draw.

Villa are scoring goals, Benteke is looking dangerous; they just went to Spurs and won. They are still fighting to stay up-they will work harder than us, it goes without saying.

West Ham - a cliche, but it's am allerdyce side- you never know what you are going to get from them. He will set them up to play long ball stuff and know it will cause us problems.

QPR - again, fighting for their lives.

Southampton - good side, could easily be a 4th place decider.

Yes, we should beat all these teams- but what are we basing this on? There is nothing in 2015 to suggest we will win these games. There are very valid arguments for each team as to why we won't. We are showing nothing at the moment, absolutely nothing. After every game a different player comes out and reels out the same line 'we owe it to our fans...it's the best time to play a derby...we are up for it'

No doubt one will come and say 'we are hurting after that derby, we owe it to our fans'. Bollocks. Be interesting to see how that derby has affected them.

The trouble is the players, professionals my arse.

We saw what happened with Mancini culminating in that abject FA Cup Final display, then they suddenly improve and win two trophies when he goes.

Now they are going through the motions again, they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves no pride in what they do at all.

Get out the eleven that show they want to do it and I for what will be delighted.

Trouble is, if Pellegrini doesn't know who they are after working with them for nearly two seasons, then how the hell do we the fans know?

We will get top 4.

Look at our fixtures:

West Ham (H) - In terrible form, players on the beach, have nothing to play for - Win
Aston Villa (H) - Villa can't defend, Silva and Sergio will destroy them - Win
Spurs (A) - Seem to be trying to avoid finishing in the Europa League positions - Win/Draw
QPR (H) - They need 3 points so will come at us which plays into our hands - Win
Swansea (A) - Tough team but don't have much to play for now - Win/Draw
Saints (H) - By the time we play them they won't be able to get CL so won't have a lot to play for - Win/Draw

I estimate we will get between 12 - 18 Points which puts us on roughly 73-79 Points. For Liverpool to overtake us they would have to win all their games which is unlikely baring in mind their poor form and the fact they have to play Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. I think the chances of us not finishing in the Top 4 are very unlikely. I also think Top 3 is not out of the question when you consider the fact that Arsenal and United both have to play Chelsea and each other so are guaranteed to drop points. I actually think we will finish 2nd when you consider our favorable remaining fixtures. If we want to attract an elite manager and world class players in the summer then Champions League Qualification (Top 4) is paramount but we stand a better chance of attracting them if we achieve Automatic Champions League Qualification which means we have to finish in the Top 3. I am confident we will come out of this bad run, all we need is a confidence boosting win and what better way to get back to winning ways then back to back home games against poor opposition. I also think Sergio will be aiming for the Golden Boot so even if the rest of the team continue playing poorly, Aguero's goals will probably carry us over the line which is a shame because he deserves more.

We just need to get Champions League, put this down as a bad season and come back a lot stronger and hungrier next season. Retain our best players (Fernandinho, Silva Aguero) maybe promote a couple of EDS players (Angelino, Pozo, Lopes) make 1 or 2 world class signings and possibly recruit an elite manager, Carlo Ancelotti would be a dream.

Damanino said:
MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
It's really hurting seeing we've gone from discussing Chelsea's fixtures to Spurs, Scousers and Southampton fixtures.

Yep. But if Chelsea wins their game in hand they are 15 points ahead of us.

15 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we had Mourinho as manager no team ever would be 15 points ahead of us. With Pelle it all happened quite soon...

Chelsea have been crap though and that has been down to the managers way of playing, it has cost them big in the Champions League but the league has been far too easy for them this year, look how they beat QPR, 1 shot on target and they get a win. I'd rather put that down to a bit of luck really than masterstrokes for the manager, Mourinho has probably cost them a few points himself this season.

I think the best team this year has been Arsenal, they looked fantastic against Burnley. If Wenger dipped into that big pot of his and bought a proper striker they would of walked this league and still will probably get the cup. Their crap form at the start has cost them but right now they are by far the best team in the league.

Sergio Picasso Aguero said:
We will get top 4.

Look at our fixtures:

West Ham (H) - In terrible form, players on the beach, have nothing to play for - Win
Aston Villa (H) - Villa can't defend, Silva and Sergio will destroy them - Win
Spurs (A) - Seem to be trying to avoid finishing in the Europa League positions - Win/Draw
QPR (H) - They need 3 points so will come at us which plays into our hands - Win
Swansea (A) - Tough team but don't have much to play for now - Win/Draw
Saints (H) - By the time we play them they won't be able to get CL so won't have a lot to play for - Win/Draw

Wow - so we have won 4 games in 14, yet you have us potentially winning our remaining 6?

Southampton have:
Stoke away
Spurs home
Sunderland away
Leicester away
Villa at home
Us

I wouldn't say that by the time they play us they will be out of top 4 contention

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.