The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

For me I'm a little bit worried, but not panicking. Home games see us over the line IMO as well as Chelsea/Arsenal/Rags/Liverpool taking points off each other. Still not writing off 2nd/3rd. But you'd be silly to write off the danger of Southampton/Liverpool and maybe Spurs.

Gladstonian Liberal said:
citymad said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
That's just it though, they don't look kind. Liverpool have just one toughie left, away to Chelsea and even that looks likely to be a dead rubber. Their other 6 are against teams lying 10th or lower, and given that 32 games have elapsed since they lost to anyone outside the current top 3, I wouldn't bet against them bagging all 18 points available. Meanwhile we've got Spurs and Swansea away, Southampton at home, which won't be easy, and parked buses in store courtesy of QPR and Villa. We're in a whole heap of shit, and speaking personally I can't see us holding the Dippers at bay. Pellegrini, Begiristain, Toure, whoever you want to blame, we need a complete fucking clear out

We're going yo have to win every game and we all know that's not possible at the moment. The players and management are rock bottom with confidence. The club owners and management team need an emergency meeting to turn this disaster around.

I disagree.

Can I just point out that even as expected Liverpool sweep a very poor Newcastle team aside tomorrow you will still be 4 points ahead of them? Also, of their remaining 6 league games, 4 are away from home including Stoke and Chelsea?

Similarly, Man Yoo also have 4 of their remaining games away from home including Chelsea, Everton and Palace and the latter are no push over under Pardew. Let's not forget they also have to play an in form Arsenal at home, so another potential opportunity for them to drop points.

Now City have 4 remaining games at home and all likely wins to my mind. Of the away games you have, OK, Swansea might be tricky but as for Spurs, they've already hit their usual year end wall, losing at home to Villa and you should beat them.

So, I know today's result is a disappointment but I still see you finishing above Utd.

Only three in it apart from us - Spurs, Pool & Saints.

Spurs - Bar Codes (a) Saints (a) MCFC (h) Stoke (a) Hull (h) Toffees (a)

Pool - Bar Codes (h) West Brom (a) Hull (a) QPR (h) Chelsea (a) Palace (h) Stoke (a)

Saints - Stoke (a) Spurs (h) Mackems (a) Leicester (a) Villa (h) MCFC (a)

MCFC - Wet Sham (h) Villa (h) Spurs (a) QPR (h) Swansea (a) Saints (h)

Spurs have the toughest fixtures so we can probably rule them out. Saints have 4 away games including us so it will be difficult for them.

Pool have an easy run in if they win their three home games and take 7 points from the four away games they will finish on 70 points.

We will need 9 points to finish above them assuming our goal difference does not deteriorate.

On our current form I am struggling to see where these points will come from?

Don't think there is any problem of not finishing in the top 4, i have us on 67pts and united on 66pts after the next two games, but by saying that i never thought we would end up in this position

marco said:
Don't think there is any problem of not finishing in the top 4, i have us on 67pts and united on 66pts after the next two games, but by saying that i never thought we would end up in this position
Villa won at Spurs don't forget.

marco said:

I can see united beating Chelsea. They have the bit between their teeth at the moment.

We should win next week as West Ham look more on the beach than we do if that is possible. Villa will probably give us a game though.

I wouldn't want to be facing Southampton with them needing to beat us to finish above us.

We should do it but with our form, I think we can forget about 3rd or 2nd.

It's really hurting seeing we've gone from discussing Chelsea's fixtures to Spurs, Scousers and Southampton fixtures.

Losing out on the top four would be catastrophic for the club.

Forget signing the likes of Pogba and Bale this summer without top four.

6 points from our next 2 games will go a long way towards that.

The race is certainly on,and with our confidence so
low its going down to the last game for me

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
It's really hurting seeing we've gone from discussing Chelsea's fixtures to Spurs, Scousers and Southampton fixtures.

Yep. But if Chelsea wins their game in hand they are 15 points ahead of us.

15 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we had Mourinho as manager no team ever would be 15 points ahead of us. With Pelle it all happened quite soon...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.