The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

I always felt that out of the double header of home games against West Ham and Villa, the Villa game would be the harder of the two despite West Ham being the better team. Villa have so much more to play for and West Ham were effectively on the beach yesterday plus there is uncertainty surrounding Allardyce's position so it was probably the easiest game we could've had with the exception of perhaps Newcastle.

Benteke is on fire at the moment and they will be buzzing off yesterday's result and impressive performance but there's always a a chance they could actually be over-confident with a distracted eye on the cup final. We really should win this one but we'll be made to work a lot harder for it than yesterday. I'll take a 1-0 as things stand and if we do get the 3 points we can relax a little and see what happens with United and Arsenal in their games on Sunday. If Spurs and Liverpool drop points then all the better.

dom said:
jrb said:
The pendulum has swung back in our favour slightly.

Now 2 points behind Arsenal, and 1 point behind United. Arsenal have got Chelsea at home next week, and United are away at Evrton. We've got Villa at home. Even though they won today, I still fancy us to beat them next week. We're also now 7 points in front of Liverpool and Spurs. Liverpool are away at West Brom, which won't be easy, and Spurs are away to Southampton. By this time next week we could be 2nd again on goal difference.

What will be doubly delicious will be to watch the Talkshyte 'pundits' having their ' told you so' w@nkstain analyses spat back in their ugly Skycorp / global-plastic faces....

Messers Boiled-bollock-Brazil...plasticcockerneygloryhunterredGoldstein, and the rest of that shower of thick shyte fumbling around for more disingenuous excuses for their favoured teams' performances...

Talkshyte anthem...

"... We'll keep the ratings flying high
On this premise, we'll fib and lie
We're here to win a ratings war
So that's our pitch , we're ratings whores..."

Remarkable.

Villa will cause problems and with Benteke they have a style of striker we don't often deal well with.

There is plenty of energy in that midfield and they are still fighting for survival with little leeway for mistakes. I just think the emotion and drama of Sunday will make them an easier opposition and I think their attacking style under Sherwood could play into our hands.

We'll finish 2nd or 3rd in the league in my opinion.

I expect us to finish third baring a fuck up of massive proportions.

Being generous to our rivals and (relatively) harsh on us i came up with the following:

1 Chelsea 38 43 91
2 Arsenal 38 38 82
3 Man City 38 40 75
4 Man Utd 38 30 74
5 Liverpool38 18 72

I have the Dippers winning every game except a defeat at Chelsea and United drawing with Everton, Palace and Arsenal. I think the wheels will come off a bit at United now that Chelsea have put an end to their run so in reality see them loosing at least 3 of those 2. Pool could catch them, particularly if they get a result at Chelsea.

I have Arse down to win them all expect a draw with United. Good chance they will probably win that so even if they lose to Chelsea we are probably going to need to win all our remaining to have any chance of catching them.

Have us down to draw with Spuds and Southampton, win the rest.

Gray said:
pudge said:
Spurs away stills has me a tad anxious which is why I'd like Everton to take something off United next week.
And don't forget Villa beat them at White Hart Lane.

We have a really hard run in and we are not playing the likes of West Ham from now on.

Still think it will be touch and go for top four the way we defend.
Lol

We've got easier fixtures than the rags and arsenal and I'm looking up rather than down. We've had enough of a kick up the arse now to stop performing so poorly and dropping points. We played well at Palace but they executed their game plan perfectly and defended admirably. The opening ten minutes against the rags we were fantastic. Other teams might think we are falling to pieces and might come at us. If they do we will beat them. Spurs away will be hard to call but it's unlikely they'll have anything to play for by then and I think our desire to win all our games to the end of the season will see us win. It looks like we might keep a settled back 4 for most of the remaining games and that will help us improve defensively. We've plenty up front to win games.

We'll comfortably got 2nd or 3rd if Pellegrini sticks with this current back 4 till the final game.

bluethai said:
We'll comfortably got 2nd or 3rd if Pellegrini sticks with this current back 4 till the final game.

Fortunately he might be forced to because of injuries. Why is he called the Engineer by the way? Should be called the Tinkerer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.