The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

So, United lose, Spurs and Liverpool draw and Arsenal/Chelsea play each other now. Very decent set of results for City!

we have a funny little set of 4 fixtures now, away at Spurs and Swans are no easy tasks and Soton wont be scared at our place. Anyway, top 4 is very likely now, top 3 would be grand please.

Top3 is a must, everything can change really fast now. We have the momentum atm but we lose to Spurs while United beat WBA at home and we are 4th again.

That MU-Arsenal game is a good thing for us tho. If we cant punish the team that drops points in that game we dont deserve top3. Two home wins vs QPR/Soton is a must, and then it comes down to Spurs away and Swansea away. Imo Swansea could be a bit harder. Spurs really doesnt care about defending but in return they can score 2-3 easily sometimes.

We will see but I dont want 4th at all. 2nd or 3rd only.

I still think we are going to have to win all of our remaking games to confirm a third place finish, or at a push second.

We still are not playing well so it's hard to call our results and whilst on paper Spurs and Southampton look the most difficult games I think going to Swansea away and having QPR at home could prove very tricky.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
sam-caddick said:
I still think we are going to have to win all of our remaking games to confirm a third place finish, or at a push second.
Please explain how, if we win three and draw one, united and Arsenal will finish above us? It's possible, but highly unlikely.

Ssh he is at his optimistic best

grim up north said:
sam-caddick said:
Please explain how, if we win three and draw one, united and Arsenal will finish above us? It's possible, but highly unlikely.

Ssh he is at his optimistic best

Hahaha.

I hadn't done the mathematical part, sorry Blues.

Hopefully we can win all 4 but i think 2 home wins and 2 away draws will secure 3rd if we could stay second it will be a bonus

sam-caddick said:

Arsenal have a game in hand so they can.

I don't care if we finish 2nd or 3rd but 4th wouldn't be good.

Great set of results for us this weekend.

3 wins and a draw to finish top 3 is doable but the way we are playing, nothing is certain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.