The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

Villa will be a tough game, relegation is still very real for them.

NQCitizen said:
Looking at the table we could easily make second.

I'd have that.

Should be the target. Sod top 4. Scraping 4th for a side that went into the season hoping to defend their title is shambolic.

Aim should be 2nd ......
But who knows if will finish in that position .
That defence looked really sloppy again today .

The pendulum has swung back in our favour slightly.

Now 2 points behind Arsenal, and 1 point behind United. Arsenal have got Chelsea at home next week, and United are away at Evrton. We've got Villa at home. Even though they won today, I still fancy us to beat them next week. We're also now 7 points in front of Liverpool and Spurs. Liverpool are away at West Brom, which won't be easy, and Spurs are away to Southampton. By this time next week we could be 2nd again on goal difference.

Arsenal and United still have to play each other so one is guaranteed to drop points.

We play Saturday and with a win can go second and put the pressure on. United play Everton (A) and Arsenal are at home to Chelsea; it's not unreasonable to suggest at least one if not both could drop points there as well.

Spurs away stills has me a tad anxious which is why I'd like Everton to take something off United next week.

pudge said:
Arsenal and United still have to play each other so one is guaranteed to drop points.

We play Saturday and with a win can go second and put the pressure on. United play Everton (A) and Arsenal are at home to Chelsea; it's not unreasonable to suggest at least one if not both could drop points there as well.

Spurs away stills has me a tad anxious which is why I'd like Everton to take something off United next week.

A draw and they both drop 2 points, which for me is the ideal outcome of that game. We've just got to win some football matches. Come on City!!1

jrb said:
The pendulum has swung back in our favour slightly.

Now 2 points behind Arsenal, and 1 point behind United. Arsenal have got Chelsea at home next week, and United are away at Evrton. We've got Villa at home. Even though they won today, I still fancy us to beat them next week. We're also now 7 points in front of Liverpool and Spurs. Liverpool are away at West Brom, which won't be easy, and Spurs are away to Southampton. By this time next week we could be 2nd again on goal difference.

What will be doubly delicious will be to watch the Talkshyte 'pundits' having their ' told you so' w@nkstain analyses spat back in their ugly Skycorp / global-plastic faces....

Messers Boiled-bollock-Brazil...plasticcockerneygloryhunterredGoldstein, and the rest of that shower of thick shyte fumbling around for more disingenuous excuses for their favoured teams' performances...

Talkshyte anthem...

"... We'll keep the ratings flying high
On this premise, we'll fib and lie
We're here to win a ratings war
So that's our pitch , we're ratings whores..."

pudge said:
And don't forget Villa beat them at White Hart Lane.

We have a really hard run in and we are not playing the likes of West Ham from now on.

Still think it will be touch and go for top four the way we defend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.