The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

Second is the most realistic position we'll finish.

I could even handle third behind Arsenal to be honest. Obviously finishing 4th and having to play a qualifier is not what we want.

Finishing behind United in either 3rd or 4th would be a gut punch.

Given each team's remaining fixtures I think we will finish second or at least we should.

Just need to seal that top 4 for once, as in open a bit bigger gap and then we can concentrate on not coming 4th. Don't mind 2nd or 3rd honestly. If we win our next 2, we should be top 3 I think.

What a depressing thread that we even have to contemplate the possibility of finishing 4th.

Re: Renewed hope to win the title or not?

Hey I hope so even if there's a small chance. Chelsea looked very shaky at times but they can pull off those shitty wins.

But games that will really come back to bite us are

Stoke
Hull
QPR
Burnley both legs
Arsenal both legs

Games that we could have edged or drawn.

pudge said:
Second is the most realistic position we'll finish.

I could even handle third behind Arsenal to be honest. Obviously finishing 4th and having to play a qualifier is not what we want.

Finishing behind United in either 3rd or 4th would be a gut punch.

Given each team's remaining fixtures I think we will finish second or at least we should.

Finishing second is a necessity. If the fucking rags overtake us with their brand of long ball football then Pellegrini deserves the sack more than ever.

More likely to finish 5th than 1st. I have 2 hopes for the end of the season; finish above the rags, finish in top 3. If we were 4th and Rags were 5th, I could live with that. Not likely though.

You never know in football, and I expect us to put a run together between now and the end of the season but I think due to some shocking results earlier in the season we will finish 2nd to the chavs.

Its how we finish that will determine the managers fate IMO.

ianw16 said:
More likely to finish 5th than 1st. I have 2 hopes for the end of the season; finish above the rags, finish in top 3. If we were 4th and Rags were 5th, I could live with that. Not likely though.
We have to beat the c*nts at Old Toilet. We do that and we leave open the chance that Chelsea also beats them, leaving them to compete with Liverpool for 4th.

However dippers really bottled it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.