The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

Do you guys seriously believe you are in a top four battle? I mean, I know there isn't much points gap between 2nd and 4th.

But SERIOUSLY? honestly I think 2nd is yours.

LFC-Fans said:
Do you guys seriously believe you are in a top four battle? I mean, I know there isn't much points gap between 2nd and 4th.

The table says we are which is all we can go off, if the players realise it then we should be fine

LFC-Fans said:

Yes we are in a battle for top 4! Use are flying the rags seem to get lucky every week and arsenal are in good form and always come good at this time of the season! We are really struggling at the moment!

lets put this into abit of perspective and stop the flapping.....odds for a top 4 finish city 1/10 arsenal 1/6 utd 10/11 Liverpool evens

in the bookies eyes it pretty much a straight fight between utd and arsenal

Marvin said:
Happy Feet said:
jimharri said:
This is the form table since the murkysiders last lost;

CAR_x06UkAAzmpi.png

Not nice reading.
Pitiful
What's even more annoying about that is Chelsea

If only.
True. Every season there's a "what would be a good season?" thread, and every year I give the same answer. My definition of a good season would be genuinely challenging for the Premier League and Champions League. If the team does their best and just happens to be beaten by a great opponent, I can deal with that. But what I can't deal with is when we basically hand another team the league by default, by simply not playing to our potential. We did it with a very average rag team 2 years ago, and it looks like we're doing the same thing with a less than amazing Chelsea team this season too. There's nothing worse than a title that was clearly there for the taking going to another team just because we didn't play to our potential.

LFC-Fans said:

Unless you watch us religiously, I suspect your impression is probably influenced by the star names in our squad. The reality is that we have very little pace (or natural width) anywhere on the pitch, a manager who seems to delight in picking the worst possible players to suit his preferred system, a midfield that is constantly overrun, and too many players who just aren't up for a battle. We concede soft goals every week, we haven't won a header, never mind scored a goal, from the last 250 odd corners, and we've won just 4 of our last 11 games (and we were mighty fortunate in 3 of those). So, yeh, you're God damned right we're in a scrap for the top 4.

LFC-Fans said:

We have won 12 points from our previous 9 league matches as far as I am aware. If we do the same in the last 9 matches then there is every chance we will finish outside the top 4. I would usually be very confident that we will turn it around but if anything our performances have been getting progressivley worse not better so I'm not going to assume anything.

Renewed hope to win the title or not?

With the Chelsea performance today, can you see us edging it or not? Unfortunately the chavs got the three points today but they weren't convincing and with their tough run of games coming up what do people think of our chances of lifting our trophy.

Gap is now upto 7 points. With Arsenal playing Liverpool next week, a win against Palace would be big. I think we should make it considering everyone around us has to also play Chelsea.

Re: Renewed hope to win the title or not?

I'd say the odds on us catching Chelsea have lengthened slightly... based on the fact that we probably had the easier game this weekend and the gap stays the same

Unfortunately the odds on the Rags catching us will have shortened considerably

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.