The Real Balo !

There was a couple of things he did wrong today for my money.....he breathed in when he should have breathed out at least twice.

I pray he and Manchini stay with us because its all starting to come together now.

Thought he was unbelievable today. Him, Silva & Tevez will be devastating once they get fully used to each other.

I've seen some good footballers in the last few decades but I have never seen anyone, and I might be inviting scorn here, with such a natural ability as Balotelli. It is always a delicious irony when someone has a born talent that they invariably are petulant/selfish/arrogant etc. However Bobby knew of all these faults and still brought him here, in the knowledge( I sincerely hope) that he can control him.
If this lad can be tamed we have, in my opinion, the most astonishing talent the Premier League has seen for a long time.

It's difficult to describe how he beats opponents with such ease, his first offensive stride simply puts it right on 'em. He'll take a good while to work out and by then he'll be turning up with new moves. You just know he'll have a ground in uproar in the not so distant future (doing a Liam Gallagher to the stretford end after smashing the winner would be a bit of a laff).

sure on the radio today it said neverton had a chance to sign but said NO
ha ha ha

so move along now nothing to see here ;)

Must say I had my doubts originally but today (added onto WBA and wednesday night),I thought he was brilliant. Definitely something special there. He does things in a matter of fact kind of way which are extraordinary.

quiet_riot said:
I spent 10/15 minutes just watching Balo, and I must say, he ALWAYS wants the ball, he's always checking who is around him, even when we don't have the ball, his burst of speed is crazy.

Really warming to him, don't mind that he kicked Knight in the head. :P
He gets pissed off when he doesn't get it which his good, but the best is he then gets over it and applauds the play anyway. He wants to change the game always, cant wait to see more, he excites me the most about our new look city!

Impeccable One said:
I think we'll have to get used to his petulance, even making the game wait for him to arrive for the 2nd half !

But, on the bright side, this guys skill is something we haven't seen in a forward for a long long time.

Anyone doubt me, try and go back and look what he did in the Bolton game. Bringing balls down, little flicks, turning players, etc.

He's going to frustrate the hell out of most of us, his team mates and even the manager, but hopefully with some experience and maturity, this guy could be everything we need alongside Tevez.

Over the last few games he has been in unbelievable good positions for tap ins, but others have taken the shot instead. Of course, he's also guilty of this. I guess (hope) the solution is just a little time.

Agree 100%

A fantastic talent, positional play was good today, need to develop a better understanding with the players around him though...lovely little flicks, they will probably say they were 'by accident' on MOTD tonight though because of the subtlety!!

-- Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:29 pm --

Ancient Citizen said:
I've seen some good footballers in the last few decades but I have never seen anyone, and I might be inviting scorn here, with such a natural ability as Balotelli. It is always a delicious irony when someone has a born talent that they invariably are petulant/selfish/arrogant etc. However Bobby knew of all these faults and still brought him here, in the knowledge( I sincerely hope) that he can control him.
If this lad can be tamed we have, in my opinion, the most astonishing talent the Premier League has seen for a long time.

Excellent (and brave) post.

There is no doubt in my mind this kid is the real deal....he seems to instinctively know where to position himself and his foresight for a pass, skill, ball control, pace, intelligence....mark him out as a rare talent....20 years old ffs...amazing.

Its all down to him and his approach, he will go down as one of the greatest or another nearly/ if only footballer. Just pray that he can find what he is looking for out of life at City and in Manchester, because if he does we may have 4 or 5 seasons never to forget.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.