The Reckoning

It was good, but there are better series on Netflix which are more accurate..not sure if still on though..the one thing that they really should have covered was the five pound note he paid one of his victims. They tracked it back to his place of work. Even without computers you must have thought having been questioned 9 times there should have been some correlation made. His capture really was a fluke.

West Yorkshire seems to be full of these nutters. Saville for sure. Although lived in Leeds went to school in Bradford and the Rippers house was just up the rooad from my school. On the bus home from school passed the Black Panthers house, Neilson. Then watched some series on Netflix The Confession about a guy in Pudsey,close to where I lived who got away with a murder.Of course there was the Les Battersby find in Chorlton, where I used to live.

Was stopped by the Ripper Squad after a night out driving my mates parents car and did not know the reg ,neither did my mate, so stuck for a while whilst checked up. My old man was questioned at work as someone spotted his car near where The Bradford Uni student got killed as he had gone to church close by. My sister was at uni. doing Optics did some work experience at an Opticians in Leeds. That twat Saville used to come in, order his stupid frames and refused eye checks etc. A very arrogant bloke by all accounts.
That last paragraph about your sister is very scary.
Am sure a young girl, who worked at a Leeds opticians that Savile used, recently went on TV to state how he raped her at his flat, when she delivered his new pair of specs.
He had requested, specifically, for the young girl to personally deliver the new specs to his flat.
She was very brave and determined to unveil him as a rapist, many years ago, but was ignored by the WYP...

Enjoyed this - thought Steve Coogan was excellent although he did sound a bit like Paul / Pauline Calf at times.
Jimmy Savile came across as a master manipulator and of course he must have been one to get away with what he was up to for so long.
Amazing really how he got away with it all in plain sight.

Enjoyed this - thought Steve Coogan was excellent although he did sound a bit like Paul / Pauline Calf at times.
Jimmy Savile came across as a master manipulator and of course he must have been one to get away with what he was up to for so long.
The original Paul Calf was from Sheffield, only changed to Manchester for the Video diaries. Sheffield accent was better for saying Stooowdents.

Not sure "enjoy" is correct choice of wording but I know what you mean. I watched first episode last night and ended up doing the lot. Attaching genuine archive footage added to the impact for me. Regardless of how accurate it was or whether the BBC were easy on themselves, I thought it was compelling viewing. Not an easy watch but glad I chose to in the end.

It was good, but there are better series on Netflix which are more accurate..not sure if still on though..the one thing that they really should have covered was the five pound note he paid one of his victims. They tracked it back to his place of work. Even without computers you must have thought having been questioned 9 times there should have been some correlation made. His capture really was a fluke.

West Yorkshire seems to be full of these nutters. Saville for sure. Although lived in Leeds went to school in Bradford and the Rippers house was just up the rooad from my school. On the bus home from school passed the Black Panthers house, Neilson. Then watched some series on Netflix The Confession about a guy in Pudsey,close to where I lived who got away with a murder.Of course there was the Les Battersby find in Chorlton, where I used to live.

Was stopped by the Ripper Squad after a night out driving my mates parents car and did not know the reg ,neither did my mate, so stuck for a while whilst checked up. My old man was questioned at work as someone spotted his car near where The Bradford Uni student got killed as he had gone to church close by. My sister was at uni. doing Optics did some work experience at an Opticians in Leeds. That twat Saville used to come in, order his stupid frames and refused eye checks etc. A very arrogant bloke by all accounts.
Yes I’m of an age where I remember it well. I lived in Eastburn and worked in Keighley in the 80s. They omitted quite a few things especially the £5 note, they also changed the name of Yvonne Pearson to Donna Deangelo for some reason. It seemed to focus more on the Police operations, rather than the backstory.

Remember as a young lad the police came to our house to interview my old man who was a truck driver and a geordie, recall my mates coming round and asking why the police were at my house . I told them they think he’s the Yorkshire ripper.

Yeah, I picked up on the Paul / Pauline Calf likeness. That said, I thought Coogan was brilliant in what must have been a very difficult character to play

I'm recovering from the Flu+Covid jabs so feeling like death warmed up. I binge watched all the episodes, it really was compulsive viewing. As others have said hiding in plain sight plus rubbing shoulders with royalty etc I'm sure thats why he did his charity work which led to his awards and to a certain extent protected him. I felt sorry for the victims who were interviewed as part of the program all those years of not being believed and being dismissed outright:-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.