The Referee Decisions?

MCC said:
Zabas was never a pen in a million years. To reach his arm it took TWO deflections. Hardly deliberate!

That' s the point. They replayed it in slow motion on the telly and it ricocheted upwards from his thigh onto his arm. No way that's a penalty, unless you're going to start asking defenders to have their arms amputated.

gmckennasell said:
arsenal have complained to the premier league , about the decisions and want the game replayed , their main reason for the complaint is the fact they run their club the right way , spend only 10% of the funds they generate , they are an "established" club and have several old etonians on the board , Where as we have no history and have bought all our trophies , and we are just a plaything of an oil rich foreigner. Lord faunterloy and his siblings jeremy and jemima have forwarded the complaint about the "upstarts" and are hoping for a favourable decision soon.
Dont forget the classy way,bender said and caught on tunnel cam that it stinks of piss and also that little **** giving the middle finger.Keep on bein classy arsenal,fuckin deluded !

Nelly's Left Foot said:
There were some very close decisions today and maybe overall we got slightly the better end of them. The Zaba handball could easily have been given even though it was a rebound off his leg and the offsides we got were borderline at best and could have gone either way.

But nothing should take away the fact that we were far the better side on the day.

Only if fat "what are the rules again" Phil Dowd was reffing ;-)<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:30 am --<br /><br />
lancs blue said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
blueinsa said:
They could have had them given......we would have only gone up the other end and banged a few more in ;-)

Exactly. Don't remember it being 3 - 2 for long.

8 minutes
3 minutes
2 minutes

Those are the gaps between each Arsenal goal and our response.

My only question then. What the fuck were we doing after their 1st ? ;-)

I Hart Man City said:
I haven't seen replays of the decisions, but the way Arsenal fans keep going on about them and how they were robbed on the Guardian comments makes me really think that there might be a real issue...

Then I remember it's Arsenal fans posting (on the Guardian - so full of rags and twats) and that they are never to be taken seriously and they will always find some snide excuses and come out with typical if my auntie had bollocks reasoning when they lose.

Seriously quite a few of them on guardian are really making me pine for vile rag fans. the arses rival anyone for being the biggest whiners. They got hammered 6 goals and still accuse of being robbed. I hope they finish with nothing again this season

Ultimately, if a linesman has to make an offside call when a couple of millimetres are involved then the decision, in my opinion, can't be seen to be a 'bad' one - regardless of whether it is correct or not. Racing uses a photo finish to gauge which horse has won because the human eye cannot physically make the right call. If a couple of millimetres are involved then the call has to be based on guesswork, as the linesman cannot definitively say whether it was offside or not.

All I want is the linesmen get right the majority of calls that they should be getting right, and in the main I think they do.

Arse fans can't/shouldn't quibble when their player is onside by a couple of millimetres.

They've got fuck all to complain about. Both offsides and penalties spot on. Not to mention the 'goal' Giroud 'scored', happened after the whistle and blown and therefore Kompany had stopped trying to defend it. It's the equivalent of putting the ball into the net after the game has ended. It means nothing, it's not a wrongly disallowed goal (and the decision wasn't even wrong, he was offside), it's just not anything. Whistle blown, the ball is dead.

Have now seen recording of the game, could tell for sure about the decisions at the game but never felt like ref got them wrong, I conclude it to be the typical fuss about nothing much from the Tarquins. Must admit that they are - in general - a set of supporters that I have very little time for. Wenger can often rival Taggart for gracelessness. Wilshere is an obnoxious little prick.

The Arsenal fans who go on about the ref's and the linesman's decisions are simply following the line taken by the TV commentator's, and their "agenda" was to try and convince us that what was going on at the Etihad yesterday was actually a "match", rather than the dismantling of Arsene Wenger's team. I have certainly seen our penalty shout given but yesterday it wasn't, and this is true for all the decisions Arsenal moan about - the man who matters didn't take the same view as they wanted to. This is a problem with Arsenal and some other teams - the ref must always interpret the rules to suit their needs. Jack Wilshere, the great young hope of English football, was tweeting about the awful refereeing, as though this the reason they shipped six! They were massacred, but their manager thinks we were not as good as Everton or Southampton, that they were tired (were they so outplayed in Naples that they ran themselves into the ground?), their midfield genius thinks it was only the refereeing and other Arsenal players are similarly looking for excuses. Great, and even very good, teams don't look for excuses, especially after conceding 6, especially when a case can be made that our midfield (and Fernandinho, who played every minute of all three games in the last 7 days, was man of the match) was not as well rested as theirs.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
There were some very close decisions today and maybe overall we got slightly the better end of them. The Zaba handball could easily have been given even though it was a rebound off his leg and the offsides we got were borderline at best and could have gone either way.

But nothing should take away the fact that we were far the better side on the day.

it was given at klanfield off micah's shin. both non pens. consistsncy has gone from the refs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.