The Roma match has convinced me...

Ihenacho really looks ready to my eyes. He might end up playing a lot this season if given an early chance

Numerous youth players certainly look to have matured.

However, in about 2-3 months time. We'll be asking that very same question we've been asking for three/four years now...

"Why have we not signed a left-back?"
Angelino. Shame he's in MLS and can't go to Australia.

But yeah, your point stands. We're weak at LB. I think Angelino is the reason

Things we learnt today:

Sterling can be as good as we hope in a city shirt.

The media are fickle, perusing the headlines just now and compared to the past, it's very pro city, pro English. Not city scrape win, instead sterling justifies fee and city victorious. One or two trying to run with a pic of raheem slipping after 49 seconds, but given that he then picked himself up and scored, them was blatantly hauled down in the box... he took the mickey today at times against a champions league side known for solid defending. Yup.

We have several class younger players coming through. Some of whom will be part of our first team squad this season.

Those papers posting about city's average age and lack of home grown talent are starting to look very silly.

A man city friendly is evidently much more interesting, nd entertaining, to the world at large, than a Scum or Chelsea game.

I'll be putting some money on sterling being the man who scores the goal that wins England a major trophy. Or Hart saving the last penalty kick in a major final.

We are weak at the back at times, particularly on set pieces.

We potentially can now play several formations in a game, without confusing our own players or seeing a drop in quality. Progression.

Friday is going to be very interesting.

That Denayer, Lopes and Iheanacho are mentally and physically ready for first team roles next season.

Yes I know it's a friendly, but the composure showed by all was fantastic.

In the past we've had nearly men like Guidetti and Rekik. I always wanted those two to succeed but you could tell they were just always not quite ready. I feel like this batch of youngsters are different, they all look like men in the way they play.

At times today they were all easily outshining Navas and Nasri.

Watched the first 45 in the boozer after work today.
Silva was stunning.
I was impressed with Zuccilini (sp) after his third crunching tackle and thought that just what the 1st team needs.

I hope we keep Iheanacho in the squad for this season, instead of loaning him out. I think he's ready to be third or fourth choice striker. I was impressed with a few of the youngsters today Barker & Lopes were good. Need to be bringing some of these through by giving them more first team game time.

I thought we looked a bit iffy defensively today at times.

Stirling will be a great sigining IMO. People in the media questioning him will be eating their words.

Joe Harts penalty was class!

Iheanacho looks absolutely ready and I think he's shut up those demanding we sign another striker. Strong, fast, agile, creative, confident, supremely comfortable and plays well above his years. I hope we have him tied down for a very long time because he's going to be one the best forwards in the world when he's older, I absolutely believe that.

Denayer also looks immense, left me sat wondering why we bought Mangala in the first place if we knew how good this lad was. Let me ask you lot this, would any of you feel any different about the defence right now if we hadn't bought Mangala a year ago and we hadn't sold Rekik? Kompany, Denayer, Rekik and Demi seems just as competent to me. I do think Mangala will come good and will be much improved this season but If he gets injured or Denayer gets a little run it may be hard for manga to get back in the team.

Lopes, Manu Garcia and Barker all looked great too, all have footballing brains well beyond their years. Although I think only Lopes is ready for the step up out of those three. Still can't believe Manu is only 17, the vision and ability he possesses is astonishing.

Really looking forward to next season with our new-look youthful side, the team has a lot more energy and pace to it now with the introduction of Sterling and Delph and the promotion of the some of the younger players.

CTID.

That Denayer, Lopes and Iheanacho are mentally and physically ready for first team roles next season.

Yes I know it's a friendly, but the composure showed by all was fantastic.

In the past we've had nearly men like Guidetti and Rekik. I always wanted those two to succeed but you could tell they were just always not quite ready. I feel like this batch of youngsters are different, they all look like men in the way they play.

At times today they were all easily outshining Navas and Nasri.

I didn't see the game but I've read the glowing [mainly] reports on here and, like you, want to see some progression this season. We need to really use cup games to get some of these guys playing some minutes. Come of Pellers...

unal looked terrible. His first action when coming on was to be out paced by a roma player.

I personally think lopes won't make it. looks like he has arrogance that isn't justified.

ianacho, denayer both look good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.