The Royals - the Commonwealth

Do the people who flock to see somebody they have never spoken to have an objective view? What is it that you believe she has done that has directly affected you in a positive way?
I ask this as someone who doesn't understand the admiration for royalty so I am interested to hear where it comes from.
Let me say that unless the queen was driving past my house i wouldnt walk to go and wave. But thousands do.
A huge amount of people seem to glean a hell of a lot of enjoyment from seeing her . Youd have to ask them why.

same reason why some people get giddy about seeing an actor, a singer , a footballer

so if someone gets a huge amount of satisfaction out of seeing lizzie then why the fuck not ??

Let me say that unless the queen was driving past my house i wouldnt walk to go and wave. But thousands do.
A huge amount of people seem to glean a hell of a lot of enjoyment from seeing her . Youd have to ask them why.

same reason why some people get giddy about seeing an actor, a singer , a footballer

so if someone gets a huge amount of satisfaction out of seeing lizzie then why the fuck not ??
There's no reason - people are free to do what they wish. As for a singer, actor of footballer, they produce great art or skill so, for me, there is no comparison but I am not a monarchist.

Looks like some dodgy business from Andrew. Why did he think he was given £750,000?
Not only Andrew, other family members received monies as well. Politicians do cash for questions; Princes appear to do cash for citizenship.

One of the hymns at the memorial service was the one by John Bunyan, "He Who Would Valiant Be ..." (aka To Be A Pilgrim.) I reckon its words describe pretty well the decades of service that both Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh have given to the country and the Commonwealth. Can't think the same for others in the family (except maybe for Anne) but for those two I'll always say R.I.P. Philip and God Save the Queen.
(Loved that hymn in school, how we'd belt it out in assembly!)
"Hobgoblin nor foul fiend shall daunt his spirit"

By "service" you mean floating round the world during British winters on the luxurious Royal Yacht shagging spear chucking native girls (subjects) and getting pissed in 3rd world Commonwealth countries ?

:)
Was there much shagging of spear chuckers?

Really looking forward to seeing Charlie become king..God save the king
"I decree that all buildings shall be in the Victorian neo classical style.
Also the NHS will eschew modern science and practice homeopathy only. None of that genetic stuff, that's God's work."
PS The Queen mum lived to 103, you may have a long wait.

Nothing is surprising from this bloke.
Someone living in a mansion in Mayfair without 'apparent' rent - Usually, following the money is the route to clarity. If more and more points to dodgier and dodgier, it is often likely that someone is dodgy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.