The Royals - the Commonwealth

It always starts when someone desperately claims it’s because of her skin colour but agree, it’s tedious.

Im a Royalist but totally respect the decision of Barbados to become a republic. I also totally respect their decision to remain in the commonwealth and thus hosting this Royal tour given the Queens position as it’s head.

I also have zero issue in those who protest but they don’t speak for everyone I’m sure.

They haven't been hosting a Royal Tour.

The places visited are:

Belize, Jamaica and then the Bahamas.

You must be mixing up Barbados with the latter.

Piece in the Guardian about the visit and the quest for reparations.

The more significant issue at play is the current global reality that our institutions have created over centuries. We all know the history of wars of conquest, slavery, subjugation and colonisation. We all know about the extraction of resources and the exploitation of lands and labour. Sadly, too many of us do not know that it was the slavemasters – not the slaves or their descendants – who received reparations after slavery ended and the plantations collapsed. We know many of these things; and we all know deep in our hearts that these things were, are and always will be wrong.’

Apparently they bring a lot of money into the country doncha know.

I never see a fucking penny of it so that argument doesn’t sit well with me.

Once the queen steps down or retires lets retire the monarchy and the disgraceful class system.
Yes mate I agree fully.
Patronising pair of cunts. I'm really not interested in either of them

First it went Alan Partridge then it went all Pete Tong.

Game is up, throw in the towel. Maybe we can let you retire to the Channel Islands to play the role of a poundshop prince of Monaco.

Reactions: mat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.