The Run In - Battle for 3rd & 4th

Forget Chelsea. They are comortably in the top 3 come the end of the season.

4th will be decided between ourselves and Tottenham.

Can't say I'm looking forward to the semi. United have a poor team but still seem to grind out results. The main thing is they always play as a team. I can't remember the last time City clicked with every player playing his part. In every match these days it seems as if five or six players do well and the rest just walk through the match.

Looking at the remaining fixtures, Bolton, Blackburn Stoke etc. they all ought to be formalities. I'm sure people will be posting 'if we beat Sunderland Sunday next'. This match should be a definate win not a maybe.

Whether it's injuries, tiredness or change of tactics, we never seem to play the same way in consecutive matches. I know you have to adapt but maybe the players are as confused as some of us supporters.

Pigeonho said:
Silvaslovechild said:

That, for me, renders this an unsuccessful season, if we finish below 3rd.

Really? if we finish 4th and get to the FA.Cup final I will be a very happy blue. Win the FA Cup and Mancini can have a life long contract.

We have a rest now and I can see us beating both Sunderland and Liverpool in our next 2 games, then all on bluemoon will be calm and optimistic. (maybe)

Personally I think 3rd is gone, unless Chelsea slip up, but 4th is still very realistic. Although I would agree that the semi could have a huge impact on where we finish.

To eliminate Liverpool as a serious threat, we need to avoid defeat by them at Anfield. Yesterday showed that we can't keep out the better teams, and Suarez and Carroll will give us a test. So, we need 3 points from Sunderland before going into that. Let Liverpool drop points elsewhere - they will do.

Which leaves Spurs as the main contenders, and as mentioned above I think it will be too much for them, esp with the hopeful likelihood of suffering a CL exit.

beziersblue said:
Can't say I'm looking forward to the semi. United have a poor team but still seem to grind out results. The main thing is they always play as a team. I can't remember the last time City clicked with every player playing his part. In every match these days it seems as if five or six players do well and the rest just walk through the match.

Looking at the remaining fixtures, Bolton, Blackburn Stoke etc. they all ought to be formalities. I'm sure people will be posting 'if we beat Sunderland Sunday next'. This match should be a definate win not a maybe.

Whether it's injuries, tiredness or change of tactics, we never seem to play the same way in consecutive matches. I know you have to adapt but maybe the players are as confused as some of us supporters.

One thing the scum do not have is a poor team.They may not be what they were and have some questionable individual players but they are a TEAM.That's significantly why they can keep winning without playing great and digging results out late in games.

And IF City think there is a formaility left in the remaining games god help us.ALL the games we still have will be difficult ones as some of those so called easy games are against teams fighting for their lives.We know how City play against teams defending for their lives!

But assuming things do go sort of as expected the massive massive game is obviously agaisnt Spurs and I cant see us getting 4th unless we win that ( maybe draw it if all the others go well)

Pigeonho said:
Silvaslovechild said:

Well it is already an unsuccessful season in your eyes then, as there is not a prayer we are finishing in the top 3.

We went to Chelsea yesterday mustered 2 shots on target (1 of which was pathetic), and got absolutely destroyed in every department. They are streets ahead of us and until we stop playing as individuals and EVERY player works their ass off for the team (Thats you Yaya) we will achieve the square root of nothing.

2 weeks ago when I did the predictions. Part of my prediction included losing 2=0 to Chelsea. And I still reckoned we'd finish 2nd based on that.

So since everything is still on schedule, I don't see how this loss changes anything. We are still going to finish 2nd.

Read it. Save it, and when it comes true, tell your kids Dax told yah :)

I've got us finishing 4th with 71 points, Spurs 5th with 67.

Thats with a draw against them at our place, so even if they beat us we'd still finish 4th.

That'll do me for this season, a bit less than I'd hoped for in the league but with a cup semi to look forward to it would be enough for Mancini to keep his job.

Much more would be expected next season though.

Silvaslovechild said:
Pigeonho said:
Well it is already an unsuccessful season in your eyes then, as there is not a prayer we are finishing in the top 3.

We went to Chelsea yesterday mustered 2 shots on target (1 of which was pathetic), and got absolutely destroyed in every department. They are streets ahead of us and until we stop playing as individuals and EVERY player works their ass off for the team (Thats you Yaya) we will achieve the square root of nothing.
All based on the money spent, and thats what I go on. It shouldn't be taking £150m+, (ontop of the other £150m already spent), to only displace Spurs, (which is what we will be doing if we only finish 4th. No, that investment should be displacing 3rd place to 4th place, with us finishing in that 3rd position. 4th is just entry to the quali's, as i'm sure you are aware, and we all know we will draw a Kiev-esque team and fail at that point. Thats typical 'us' though, my point is that this squad and the amount of money it has taken to assemble, should be finishing 3rd if the season is to be regarded as a success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.