The Run In - Battle for 3rd & 4th

been saying we will finish 5th for months now, the mates i go to the match with always having a go a me for saying this, after the texts this weekend they now agree with me.
however, mancini will get my support till the end of the season, because change now would be stupid.
still think he'll be gone even with a wembley final, 4th is a must for us to progress, not going to happen though.

would be very happy to be proved wrong, very happy indeed

Fuck in hell there is some flappers on this site

We can still finish anywhere from 2nd to 5th - Only the rags are too far away, Arsenal are having a serious wobble, and Chelsea are still beatable

We can still win a cup, not the shite one either, a proper one

Chin up Blues. Spurs drew at home to West Ham, and some of you seem to think they are shoe ins to win every game home and away. I think they have dropped points after every champions league game? So at least 4 more points dropped. Plus we are a different side at home to away and they have to come to our house, it will be a different situation to last season as well, because this time it will be them needing the win and us avoiding defeat, the pressure will be on them

I think 4th for us and the FA Cup, and I will be a happy happy blue with that

I have no Idea how some of you survived when we were proper shit

BlueDean said:

We can still finish anywhere from 2nd to 5th - Only the rags are too far away, Arsenal are having a serious wobble, and Chelsea are still beatable

Chin up Blues. Spurs drew at home to West Ham, and some of you seem to think they are shoe ins to win every game home and away. I think they have dropped points after every champions league game? So at least 4 more points dropped. Plus we are a different side at home to away and they have to come to our house, it will be a different situation to last season as well, because this time it will be them needing the win and us avoiding defeat, the pressure will be on them

Easy, no expectation back then. :-)

How many last ten minute minute equalisers or winning goals do we get? I cant think of any off the top of my head. Can anyone else?

This is a very telling stat....the answer is .... a big fat ZERO.

City have failed to secure ANY points in the last 10 minutes of a match for the past two seasons. Last season, even the teams that went down gained at lease 1 point at the death, but City failed to get any.
The closest we have come is Adam Johnson's 75th minute winner against Newcastle.
So when we concede late on as we did yesterday, and at the swamp, switch your telly off 'cos nothings gonna happen.

Pigeonho said:
BlueDean said:

We have only our selves to blame for the sky high expectations tho! Anyone who really knew they re apples was saying top 6 then top 4 then push for the league, it was a mid term plan that we are still we ll on target for as far as I can see? Any cups were always going to be a bonus

Its hard to watch games like yesterday, but most Blues were saying, amazing first half performance, class act, no one will ever score etc etc, then we concede a couple of late ones and Mancinis getting sacked, were finishing 6th and will get dicked in the semi. I just dont get some fans, you d have thought us of all fans would know better

BlueDean said:
Pigeonho said:

We have only our selves to blame for the sky high expectations tho! Anyone who really knew they re apples was saying top 6 then top 4 then push for the league, it was a mid term plan that we are still we ll on target for as far as I can see? Any cups were always going to be a bonus

Its hard to watch games like yesterday, but most Blues were saying, amazing first half performance, class act, no one will ever score etc etc, then we concede a couple of late ones and Mancinis getting sacked, were finishing 6th and will get dicked in the semi. I just dont get some fans, you d have thought us of all fans would know better
Can you honestly say this extremely expensively assembled squad is doing what is expected of it though? I don't, not based on recent performances anyway, and certainly not based on the personnel within that squad. That is where the frustration comes from for me.

I think we are going to finish 4th on the same points as Spurs but doing it via goal difference. The best thing that could have happened to us at the moment is the 2 week break we’ve now got. Hopefully the squad will now recharge a bit for those last 8 league games and hopefully 2 cup games.

Pigeonho said:
BlueDean said:

Can you honestly say this extremely expensively assembled squad is doing what is expected of it though? I don't, not based on recent performances anyway, and certainly not based on the personnel within that squad. That is where the frustration comes from for me.

There have to be a good reason if you talk in EVERY your post of the money we spent.
2 hypothesis

a) you are a rag.
b) that money was yours. you're the sheik.

Pigeonho said:
BlueDean said:

Why so Fixated on the cost? We had a massive gap to close in a small period of time to take us from an average at best permiership team, to battling with the european elite. We werent going to do it on a shoe string. Players can win you games, but they dont win you titles. It takes a while to put a team together and thats what were trying to do, and we are slowly getting there. Like I said the owners and pundits have always said top 6th top 4 then title challengers, it was only ever the fans who said we would win it this year. So we are going in the right direction. I understand the Frustration mate, but the way some are going on you d think it was now out of our hands.

I can honestly see a team coming together, and even a little bit of team spirit and togetherness and thats what was lacking last year. Next year even with exactly the same group of players I think we would improve again, to the sort of team that will challenge for the league

BlueDean said:
Pigeonho said:

Why so Fixated on the cost? We had a massive gap to close in a small period of time to take us from an average at best permiership team, to battling with the european elite. We werent going to do it on a shoe string. Players can win you games, but they dont win you titles. It takes a while to put a team together and thats what were trying to do, and we are slowly getting there. Like I said the owners and pundits have always said top 6th top 4 then title challengers, it was only ever the fans who said we would win it this year. So we are going in the right direction. I understand the Frustration mate, but the way some are going on you d think it was now out of our hands.

I can honestly see a team coming together, and even a little bit of team spirit and togetherness and thats what was lacking last year. Next year even with exactly the same group of players I think we would improve again, to the sort of team that will challenge for the league
It's been his pattern for a long while. He rarely posts anything outside of Off Topic that doesn't include something about money, cost, expensive, etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.