The Run In - Battle for 3rd & 4th

bluetonium said:
Thought it was supposed to be the players that were feeling tired? :P

I think having played one more game may actually work in our favour here vs Spuds specifically. They have 3 games in 7 days, Stoke, Arsenal and West Brom. We play Liverpool on the Monday and then have a fortnight off. As long as we get 4 points from the next two games we can be confident that all the pressure is on them.

-- Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:51 am --

Blue Coop said:
Man City v Spurs is missing off the fixtures too, another key game.

Yeah, date to be decided still I think due to their CL thing, but well worth bearing in mind. We don;t want a repeat of that last game.

After Liverpool its the scum at Wembley

Eastlands90 said:
Well actually not finishing 4th might be a good thing for the club in the long run..supposing we finish 4th and Mancini stays. Wont it be better just to get Mancini out than aim high next season?

If Mancini stays, i doubt we will be as lucky next season. By than the damage would have been done.

exactly what I was thinking.............i just endure another season of this mind numbing crap.

We need to keep Bobby for a few seasons. If we get rid we're back to square one. We need to stick with one manager and build a strong team.

I wonder if Mourinho coming is dependent on finishing 4th.

Could you really see the self-proclaimed "Special One" managing a lowly Europa League team?

the way spurs are playing at the moment, we have
little or no chance of staying in the top 4. not the way
we are playing, not in a cat in hells chance

Andouble said:
I wonder if Mourinho coming is dependent on finishing 4th.

Could you really see the self-proclaimed "Special One" managing a lowly Europa League team?

no chance

u2fme2 said:

They have 2 points from their last three matches against Wolves, West Ham and Blackpool.

moomba said:
u2fme2 said:

They have 2 points from their last three matches against Wolves, West Ham and Blackpool.

This

I dont get this Wanking over Spurs - A couple of decent champions league results, doesnt mean they re premiership form is great. Real will end there champs league run, they will drop points after both legs and I will confidently predict the mother of all gloating sessions when theyre shitty, cocky fans are sat crying in the south stand watching us play them off the park and the Dippers nick 5th place

And this fantanstic attacking football they play looks a look like, were shit at the back, so lets lump it long to a big striker and hope that a small striker gets the second ball, hardly revolutionising football are they

Pigeonho said:
taconinja said:
Other people have suggested you're a "United" fan, too.
I know, I find it funny. Mancio has a thing about it though, it seems.

dont worry

mancio has fully admitted he is a plastic fan so that is nearly as bad as beig a utd fan<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:22 pm --<br /><br />
BlueDean said:
moomba said:

This

I dont get this Wanking over Spurs - A couple of decent champions league results, doesnt mean they re premiership form is great. Real will end there champs league run, they will drop points after both legs and I will confidently predict the mother of all gloating sessions when theyre shitty, cocky fans are sat crying in the south stand watching us play them off the park and the Dippers nick 5th place

And this fantanstic attacking football they play looks a look like, were shit at the back, so lets lump it long to a big striker and hope that a small striker gets the second ball, hardly revolutionising football are they

yeah we have been a tad lucky that their form seems to have dipped at the same time as ours

I think the reason people are worried is that we know that no matter what spurs will go out and attack teams....giving them more a fighting chance of winning games they need to...whereas we go out and do what we did at chelski (settle for a 0-0) and usually lose the big matches......

its just lucky that at the moment spurs defence is as bad as our attacking tactics!! (and yes i know we have scored more goals than spurs...Im talking about recently where we seemed to have reverted to negative football)

It's in our hands. I seem to remember last season Spurs pulled off back-to-back wins against Chelsea and Arsenal when nobody expected them to get anything from them games.

We have to pick ourselves up and start winning games. Yes we can take comfort in Spurs having to go to Chelsea, Liverpool and visit us but unless we beat the likes of Sunderland and Blackburn we could be in trouble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.