The Run In - Battle for 3rd & 4th

ndjsleftnipple said:
How many last ten minute minute equalisers or winning goals do we get? I cant think of any off the top of my head. Can anyone else?

This is a very telling stat....the answer is .... a big fat ZERO.

City have failed to secure ANY points in the last 10 minutes of a match for the past two seasons. Last season, even the teams that went down gained at lease 1 point at the death, but City failed to get any.
The closest we have come is Adam Johnson's 75th minute winner against Newcastle.
So when we concede late on as we did yesterday, and at the swamp, switch your telly off 'cos nothings gonna happen.

What about AJ's last minute curler away at Sunderland? That was for a draw wasn't it?

Why do I keep going on about the cost, I hear you say.
Ok, we never got took over by the Sheikh, he opted for Newcastle instead. They have, in the last 2 and a half years, signed the exact same players we have signed and have had the same results/fate in the league and cup comps. It's now today, and us followers of average Man City, with nothing really to play for are looking at Newcastles style of play, their position in the league and how things look like its debatable that they will finish in the top 4, despite all that money spent. I can guarantee you there would be posts on here along the lines of 'fuck me, for £250m+ spent they are still struggling to finish 4th? It should be a nailed on certainty they finish in the top 4'. Some may even go a step further and suggest they should be winning the league.

It's not Newcastle though, it's us and I see it about our own club in the exact same way I would see it as an outsider of another club, if they had been fortunate enough to have been taken over by the Sheikh.

Mancio, you continuously pull me on posts. Are you obsessed with me? Also, I see you are based in Pisa. Have you ever once been to a City game? You may well go every game, I don't know, which is why I am asking now and also because you suggested i'm a United fan....

Pigeonho said:
Ok, we never got took over by the Sheikh, he opted for Newcastle instead. They have, in the last 2 and a half years, signed the exact same players we have signed and have had the same results/fate in the league and cup comps. It's now today, and us followers of average Man City, with nothing really to play for are looking at Newcastles style of play, their position in the league and how things look like its debatable that they will finish in the top 4, despite all that money spent. I can guarantee you there would be posts on here along the lines of 'fuck me, for £250m+ spent they are still struggling to finish 4th? It should be a nailed on certainty they finish in the top 4'. Some may even go a step further and suggest they should be winning the league.

It's not Newcastle though, it's us and I see it about our own club in the exact same way I would see it as an outsider of another club, if they had been fortunate enough to have been taken over by the Sheikh.

Mancio, you continuously pull me on posts. Are you obsessed with me? Also, I see you are based in Pisa. Have you ever once been to a City game? You may well go every game, I don't know, which is why I am asking now and also because you suggested i'm a United fan....
Other people have suggested you're a "United" fan, too.

I don't think anyone seriously expected the title or top 2 this year but given last year then top 4 was a very reliastic and achievable possibility. This should be our target.

It is all very well fellow blues talking about the tough run in Spurs have but look at last season - didn't they beat Arsenal and Chelsea and annother team (can't remmeber who) within 7 days when even 2 points dropped might even have seen us get the 4th place? So I am not holding my breath that Spurs won't win their difficult games. Also, I saw some of their game on Saturday - even though they only got a point which I was delighted with they created loads of chances and should really have won by 4 or 5 goals. We are just not creating anything at the moment which is what worries me.

We are not going to catch Chelsea and I cannot see any way we will catch Arsenal either so it really is between us and Spurs for 4th and hope they lose at some point in the CL. If liverpool were to beat us then they may get in the mix. We need to rememeber that out of the top 6 our form is by far the worst. The lads and Mancini need to sort it out and quick!!!

taconinja said:
Pigeonho said:

I know, I find it funny. Mancio has a thing about it though, it seems.

Stiff Little Wingers said:
I don't think anyone seriously expected the title or top 2 this year but given last year then top 4 was a very reliastic and achievable possibility. This should be our target.

It is all very well fellow blues talking about the tough run in Spurs have but look at last season - didn't they beat Arsenal and Chelsea and annother team (can't remmeber who) within 7 days when even 2 points dropped might even have seen us get the 4th place? So I am not holding my breath that Spurs won't win their difficult games. Also, I saw some of their game on Saturday - even though they only got a point which I was delighted with they created loads of chances and should really have won by 4 or 5 goals. We are just not creating anything at the moment which is what worries me.

We are not going to catch Chelsea and I cannot see any way we will catch Arsenal either so it really is between us and Spurs for 4th and hope they lose at some point in the CL. If liverpool were to beat us then they may get in the mix. We need to rememeber that out of the top 6 our form is by far the worst. The lads and Mancini need to sort it out and quick!!!

Correct.

taconinja said:
Pigeonho said:

this.

Pigeonho said:
Mancio said:
Instead of using forum lingo, why not answer my question? Also, whilst you're at it, explain why it is you believe I support Man U.
Now it comes across as misdirection. "United." "Man U." Money, money, money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.