The Sack Mancini because of CL failure at City undermined

MY thoughts on Mancini, bear in mind thought that I'm just a foreign football fan who finds Manchester City a interesting team on and maybe even more off the field (that's why I'm on this forum)

Reasons to keep Mancini.

-His track record in domestic competitions.
-Financial Fair Play.
-Believe that he can improve.
-And for some people the stability factor, althought he's been in the position for 3 years which is around the time other top teams usually change managers.

Things that are against him.

1. -His European record and especially at City. The tough group and inexperience and bad luck excuses are just that, excuses.
Some might say that 10 points should see you trough but the fact is that the last year the meaningful games were the two against Napoli and the first against Bayern and with only 1 point from those you just don't deserve to go trough.
City's squad was better than Napoli's or Dortmund's and certainly better than Ajax's but their managers just outplayed Mancini tactically.
Yaya has won the Champions league, Kolo has been in the final, Aguero has won the Europa league and most other players had already played in the champions league so they certainly weren't inexperienced.
Napoli, PSG and Malaga prove that you don't need to have experience as a team to succeed.
And it aint just the Champions league, Kiev and Sporting Lisbon weren't exactly world beaters either.

2. -Transfer record. Was it wise to chase Van Persie all summer when you already had four top class strikers (more than almost any other team) on high wages and the only one that he was able to sell, the one that several times indicated that he's not really enjoying his life in Manchester and could have been sold to more than he was worth, he refused to sell, only to admit his mistake six month's later and sell him to cut out price.
I believe that last summers purchases weren't his number one targets but when the number one's are Van Persie, Hazard and De Rossi, you should have better alternatives. And I don't believe for a second that these players were forced to him.

3. Man management. Now that some time has gone and you look back at the Tevez incident, He had just been warming up and ready to go to the pitch when the De Jong sub was made and was asked to go to warm up again which he refused, certainly not a wise decision, but was it worth the all the "He doesn't play tor this club ever again" statements? Then there are the cases Boateng, Adebayor, Bellamy etc..

4. -Tactics. His fixation for the 2 strikers upfront wont get the best out of Yaya and leaves Nasri completely useless (so why buy him in the first place). And for some reason he doesn't trust at all in wingers and I don't mean just Antonio Valencia type out and out wingers but even the likes of Ribery, Robben, and Di Maria, wingers that almost every other team par City and Juventus use.
So when this narrow formation started to get found out (It never even worked at Europe) around a year ago and individual skill didn't get the results anymore, apart from the three at the back he doesn't have the players or the skill to evolve. Why do you the think in his post match press conference after game where strikers have only had a couple of half chances, his first sentence is "Strikers should score!"? Because it's easier to blame them than admit that his tactics wont work and he doesn't know what to do to fix it. You sure can't believe that 4 world class strikers just happened to became all average at the same time?

Yes he has pretty impressive CV when it comes to domestic competitions, but he benefitted hugely from the calciopoli scandal. Yes even with the resources he's had a bad manager won't win premier league and Fa cup, but you certainly doesn't need to be a genious with those funds.

Mancini ain't bad manager, but he sure ain't great either. He just happened to be at the right place for the right time.

So that leaves two questions:
1) Is it financially possible to sack him?
2) Is there better managers available?

We know the answer to the second one so if there is room in the budget he's gone in the summer.

toplad said:
MY thoughts on Mancini, bear in mind thought that I'm just a foreign football fan who finds Manchester City a interesting team on and maybe even more off the field (that's why I'm on this forum)

Reasons to keep Mancini.

-Financial Fair Play.
-And for some people the stability factor, althought he's been in the position for 3 years which is around the time other top teams usually change managers.

1. -His European record and especially at City. The tough group and inexperience and bad luck excuses are just that, excuses.
Some might say that 10 points should see you trough but the fact is that the last year the meaningful games were the two against Napoli and the first against Bayern and with only 1 point from those you just don't deserve to go trough.
City's squad was better than Napoli's or Dortmund's and certainly better than Ajax's but their managers just outplayed Mancini tactically.
Yaya has won the Champions league, Kolo has been in the final, Aguero has won the Europa league and most other players had already played in the champions league so they certainly weren't inexperienced.
Napoli, PSG and Malaga prove that you don't need to have experience as a team to succeed.
And it aint just the Champions league, Kiev and Sporting Lisbon weren't exactly world beaters either.

2. -Transfer record. Was it wise to chase Van Persie all summer when you already had four top class strikers (more than almost any other team) on high wages and the only one that he was able to sell, the one that several times indicated that he's not really enjoying his life in Manchester and could have been sold to more than he was worth, he refused to sell, only to admit his mistake six month's later and sell him to cut out price.
I believe that last summers purchases weren't his number one targets but when the number one's are Van Persie, Hazard and De Rossi, you should have better alternatives. And I don't believe for a second that these players were forced to him.

3. Man management. Now that some time has gone and you look back at the Tevez incident, He had just been warming up and ready to go to the pitch when the De Jong sub was made and was asked to go to warm up again which he refused, certainly not a wise decision, but was it worth the all the "He doesn't play tor this club ever again" statements? Then there are the cases Boateng, Adebayor, Bellamy etc..

4. -Tactics. His fixation for the 2 strikers upfront wont get the best out of Yaya and leaves Nasri completely useless (so why buy him in the first place). And for some reason he doesn't trust at all in wingers and I don't mean just Antonio Valencia type out and out wingers but even the likes of Ribery, Robben, and Di Maria, wingers that almost every other team par City and Juventus use.
So when this narrow formation started to get found out (It never even worked at Europe) around a year ago and individual skill didn't get the results anymore, apart from the three at the back he doesn't have the players or the skill to evolve. Why do you the think in his post match press conference after game where strikers have only had a couple of half chances, his first sentence is "Strikers should score!"? Because it's easier to blame them than admit that his tactics wont work and he doesn't know what to do to fix it. You sure can't believe that 4 world class strikers just happened to became all average at the same time?

Yes he has pretty impressive CV when it comes to domestic competitions, but he benefitted hugely from the calciopoli scandal. Yes even with the resources he's had a bad manager won't win premier league and Fa cup, but you certainly doesn't need to be a genious with those funds.

Mancini ain't bad manager, but he sure ain't great either. He just happened to be at the right place for the right time.

We know the answer to the second one so if there is room in the budget he's gone in the summer
What a well balanced post, giving equal footing to the pros and cons of Mancini's managerial qualities. It is so refreshing to see someone post on this topic without any apparent agenda, although I have taken the liberty of editing it slightly to reinforce the balance of your post.

Have you considered a job in journalism at this fine publication?

images

gordondaviesmoustache said:
toplad said:

Reasons to keep Mancini.

-Financial Fair Play.

We know the answer to the second one so if there is room in the budget he's gone in the summer.
What a well balanced post, giving equal footing to the pros and cons of Mancini's managerial qualities. It is so refreshing to see someone post on this topic without any apparent agenda.

images

when did you get to 10,000 posts posh lad!?

toplad said:

Reasons to keep Mancini.

-Financial Fair Play.

There's not a single point in this post I disagree with.

I'll be keen to see Tcm or fetlocks reply.

ban-mcfc said:
toplad said:

Reasons to keep Mancini.

-Financial Fair Play.

What a well balanced post, giving equal footing to the pros and cons of Mancini's managerial qualities. It is so refreshing to see someone post on this topic without any apparent agenda.

images

If you go into my posting history and go back 800 posts you'll have your answer ;-)

Thanks you for your kind words at the 'do' about my youthful looks. I think it is fair to say that I am far better looking in the flesh than most people expect me to be :-)

Didsbury Dave said:
toplad said:

Reasons to keep Mancini.

-Financial Fair Play.

There's not a single point in this post I disagree with.

I'll be keen to see Tcm or fetlocks reply.
Nothing like a bit of balance in a post to get you nodding in agreement eh DD? ;-)

ban-mcfc said:

images

If you go into my posting history and go back 800 posts you'll have your answer ;-)

Thanks you for your kind words at the 'do' about my youthful looks. I think it is fair to say that I am far better looking in the flesh than most people expect me to be :-)

I always thought with your suave elegant looks you'd be a little more athletic in stature.

On another thought have you recently moved to a village near Bingham ;0)

shootmeifipost10k said:
ban-mcfc said:

I always thought with your suave elegant looks you'd be a little more athletic in stature.

On another thought have you recently moved to a village near Bingham ;0)
I've lost a stone and a half since you last saw me! I wouldn't describe myself as "athletic", more "no longer morbidly obese"!

Bingham's a bit too near Grantham for comfort tbh!

Edit: just got the Bingham reference! Yes I'm sure we've both stumbled across a few of those in our time :-)

I think reading that post he is most def not in the mancini camp even if he has admitted he isnt a city fan
Good read though with no abuse :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.