The Scottish Politics thread

Care to list the comparisons?

Did he introduce:

1. Free Tuition for University Students.
2. Care For All extending free personal and nursing care to everyone who needs it, regardless of age.
3. The Baby Box. every baby born in Scotland gets the Baby Box for free, filled with essential items needed in the first six months of a child’s life.
4 1,140 hours of free, high-quality childcare. All eligible children now benefit from at least 1,140 hours of funded early learning and childcare, saving families around £4,500 per child per year
5. New social security system, delivering 13 benefits.After the limited devolution of welfare powers, the new social security system based on dignity and respect, treating social security as an investment in Scotland’s people.
6. The Scottish Child Payment. One of the new benefits, the only one of its kind in the UK, has been called “game-changing” by charities helps lift tens of thousands of children out of poverty. In 2022, we have increased it by 150% from £10 to £25 per week per child.
7. Free prescriptions. NHS prescription charges abolished in Scotland
8. Delivered over 118,000 affordable homes across Scotland.
9. Free bus travel. Almost two million Scots enjoy free bus travel across the country, including over-60s, people with disabilities, and young people under the age of 22.
10. Lowest student loan debt in the UK. On top of free tuition, students are entitled to up to a minimum income guarantee of £7,750, benefit from low interest rates for student loan repayments, leaving their studies with the lowest average student loan debt in the UK. Learners with care experience are entitled to a non-repayable bursary of £8,100.
11.Free school meals for all children in P1-P5. We’re ensuring that no child goes hungry and helping family finances
12.Highest per-person number of GPs in the UK.Scotland has significantly more GPs per person than England and Wales

there are more but I’ll wait until you post the comparisons.
No. Maybe don’t. They sure as shit ain’t perfect but your comparison is ridiculous.
Helped himself to public funds

Did he introduce:

2. Care For All extending free personal and nursing care to everyone who needs it, regardless of age.
3. The Baby Box. every baby born in Scotland gets the Baby Box for free, filled with essential items needed in the first six months of a child’s life.
4 1,140 hours of free, high-quality childcare. All eligible children now benefit from at least 1,140 hours of funded early learning and childcare, saving families around £4,500 per child per year
5. New social security system, delivering 13 benefits.After the limited devolution of welfare powers, the new social security system based on dignity and respect, treating social security as an investment in Scotland’s people.
6. The Scottish Child Payment. One of the new benefits, the only one of its kind in the UK, has been called “game-changing” by charities helps lift tens of thousands of children out of poverty. In 2022, we have increased it by 150% from £10 to £25 per week per child.
9. Free bus travel. Almost two million Scots enjoy free bus travel across the country, including over-60s, people with disabilities, and young people under the age of 22.
10. Lowest student loan debt in the UK. On top of free tuition, students are entitled to up to a minimum income guarantee of £7,750, benefit from low interest rates for student loan repayments, leaving their studies with the lowest average student loan debt in the UK. Learners with care experience are entitled to a non-repayable bursary of £8,100.
11.Free school meals for all children in P1-P5. We’re ensuring that no child goes hungry and helping family finances
12.Highest per-person number of GPs in the UK.Scotland has significantly more GPs per person than England and Wales

No. Maybe don’t. They sure as shit ain’t perfect but your comparison is ridiculous.
Sadds for Prez.

Helped himself to public funds
Some of your banter is amusing or at least was.
In the off topic recently though, I’ve come to see your contributions as purely Wumming with no insight at all into anything you actually believe in yourself.

I think for anyone to actually warm to anyone in here ( baring in mind we are all strangers) you do at some point have to leave a part of yourself on display.

That’s vulnerability I grant you, but constant wumming for the sake of it in the off topic gets tiring.
Well, for me anyhow.

In the off topic recently though, I’ve come to see your contributions as purely Wumming with no insight at all into anything you actually believe in yourself.

I think for anyone to actually warm to anyone in here ( baring in mind we are all strangers) you do at some point have to leave a part of yourself on display.

That’s vulnerability I grant you, but constant wumming for the sake of it in the off topic gets tiring.
Well, for me anyhow.
I feel your pain.

Did he introduce:

Slightly on a tangent, but none of the ‘free’ stuff you list there is actually free.

It requires additional borrowing, which wouldn’t have been possible without HM Treasury. It’s a strange advert for independence, listing all the stuff that was only possible because of the union.

Did he introduce:

We are very lucky up here no doubt in comparison to the rest of the UK but nothing is free mate, we all pay for it, including millions who never get to benefit from that funding.

An important point to make I feel.

We are very lucky up here no doubt in comparison to the rest of the UK but nothing is free mate, we all pay for it, including millions who never get to benefit from that funding.

An important point to make I feel.
Of course we pay a little more tax but isn’t it worth it to give additional help to those that need it most? Anyway, my point was to distance our Scottish Government from that of a Romanian dictator. I think that’s done adequately. Just a final word for @Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese , unlike in Romania, folk are still innocent until proven guilty here. I’m certainly glad you are nowhere near the Premier League tribunal that will judge us soon enough.

Slightly on a tangent, but none of the ‘free’ stuff you list there is actually free.

It requires additional borrowing, which wouldn’t have been possible without HM Treasury. It’s a strange advert for independence, listing all the stuff that was only possible because of the union.
I’m a little confused. Like all UK ‘Regions’ Scotland is allocated funding through the Barnett formula. Utilising devolved powers the Scottish Government then prioritises where that money is spent. It also raises some additional taxes over and above what is paid in the rest if the UK. The list I gave us a result of that prioritisation. In terms of an advert for independence I think it shows in a limited way that we can be different from a Tory Government that Scotland hasn’t voted for in decades.
Where does this additional borrowing come from other than being necessary to fund the financial fuck ups of the UK Tory Government?

Well, for me anyhow.
As a fellow angler, I have always quite liked Swiss Cheese. You can go off folk though. :-)
He needs to be very careful when I make prez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.