The Scottish Politics thread

Personally I find it strange why everyone is focusing on the act of deleting WhatsApp messages, rather than questioning why they were using WhatsApp at all.

Matters of government should be carried out over government communications. I realise that the government guidelines around this issue were updated last year, but I don’t really see this as an excuse given how the government already held certain industries to much higher standards on this.

For me the use of private messaging, WhatsApp etc is just another example of a fundamental lack of professionalism which was horribly exposed by the pandemic.

Agree, all communications should be a matter of public record.

Nichola sturgeon, you absolute hero! Spot on with her assessments of certain Tories, should be made a dame.
Marzipan dildo, Liz truss

Agree, all communications should be a matter of public record.
I wonder whether the members of the enquiry have lunch together and if they ever chat about the evidence …. And whether these conversations are recorded?

Personally I find it strange why everyone is focusing on the act of deleting WhatsApp messages, rather than questioning why they were using WhatsApp at all.

Matters of government should be carried out over government communications. I realise that the government guidelines around this issue were updated last year, but I don’t really see this as an excuse given how the government already held certain industries to much higher standards on this.

For me the use of private messaging, WhatsApp etc is just another example of a fundamental lack of professionalism which was horribly exposed by the pandemic.
At the start of the first lockdown (March 2020), we had to log on to the work WhatsApp group before 9:30 each morning to say if we were available, on leave or had COVID.
We still have a group so if WFH if there are any issues with the computer, internet connection etc we can alert the manager or get advice etc from colleagues, though of course, it is never used for any work related problems (if that makes sense)

At the start of the first lockdown (March 2020), we had to log on to the work WhatsApp group before 9:30 each morning to say if we were available, on leave or had COVID.
We still have a group so if WFH if there are any issues with the computer, internet connection etc we can alert the manager or get advice etc from colleagues, though of course, it is never used for any work related problems (if that makes sense)
Makes perfect sense and that’s all it should be used for in my view.

I think that the way officials used WhatsApp in the pandemic for discussing policies which curtailed personal freedoms and ultimately involved billions of pounds just reeks of informality and a fundamental lack of professionalism. That they then thought it acceptable to simply delete the messages is staggering.

You’ll be able to go and visit her in prison soon.

Something to look forward to!
If she ends up in prison then Johnson et al should be a few years ahead of her. I used to hate her and the snp but they are a good alternative to the racist fat right types running the country, supported by similar far right types unfortunately. She's an absolute superstar

If she ends up in prison then Johnson et al should be a few years ahead of her. I used to hate her and the snp but they are a good alternative to the racist fat right types running the country, supported by similar far right types unfortunately. She's an absolute superstar

Mate she has been caught with her fingers in the cookie jar.

Superstar?

Nah, just the typical run of the mill shyster I’m afraid.

Jesus.

Where do you even start with this? Probably best not to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.