The Scottish Politics thread

Mate she has been caught with her fingers in the cookie jar.

Superstar?

Nah, just the typical run of the mill shyster I’m afraid.
If she has she has but she wouldn't make the top 10 of corrupt politians in this country, she has given her opinion on certain Tory mp's and I can't dispute a single word of it, she's a superstar.

Did I miss where she has been charged with something/anything?

No but even her most staunch supporters must admit, both herself and her husband have been found out.

Her career is in the gutter, her party losing support by the day.

She had it all at one point and now….nothing.

No but even her most staunch supporters must admit, both herself and her husband have been found out.

Her career is in the gutter, her party losing support by the day.

She had it all at one point and now….nothing.
What factually has been found to put her in the gutter mate?
Genuinely interested in your list.
I see some pretty dubious stuff from the Covid enquiry. I see a great many attacks on her and the SNP from media. I see nothing from the police enquiry into SNP finances other than a media frenzy. It’s bound to have an impact for sure. I do wonder what has factually lead you to your pretty dramatic conclusion.

There seem to be some on here writing off Sturgeon which might or might not be sound analysis. Its certainly a valid opinion. If it were Johnson or Sunak or any of the Westminster tories most could write a factual list of wrong doing and real harm to the nation that they personally had carried out.

Could someone attempt to do that list for Sturgeon please so I can better understand why she has gone from Mrs popular to 'gutter' has been. Please as far as possible keep the list factual. Its easier to debate them than opinions :-).

There seem to be some on here writing off Sturgeon which might or might not be sound analysis. Its certainly a valid opinion. If it were Johnson or Sunak or any of the Westminster tories most could write a factual list of wrong doing and real harm to the nation that they personally had carried out.

Could someone attempt to do that list for Sturgeon please so I can better understand why she has gone from Mrs popular to 'gutter' has been. Please as far as possible keep the list factual. Its easier to debate them than opinions :-).

Ask yourself why she resigned?

She was found to have misled the Scottish Parliament.

She introduced a disastrous transgender policy that had a huge impact in her departure.

She presided over a disastrous court case against Salmond which left he with egg on her face and a huge bill for tax payers to pick up.

Her husband was under police investigation into party funds which also led to her own arrest at one point.

Much like the Westminster lot, WhatsApp messages where lied about for months only to be then told they too had been deleted.

The £100k camper van sat on the drive the party funds paid for.

The ferry fiasco and costs whose inquiry found her to have lied.

Her polling plummeted, she began to throw away an almost guaranteed victory across the board for the SNP.

She had it all but like many in power, the lines of what is and isn’t acceptable begin to blur and she began to over step and she got found out and the pressure began to mount.

Last edited:
Ask yourself why she resigned?

She was found to have misled the Scottish Parliament.

She introduced a disastrous transgender policy that had a huge impact in her departure.

She presided over a disastrous court case against Salmond which left he with egg on her face and a huge bill tax payers to pick up.

Her husband was under police investigation into party funds which also led to her own arrest at one point.

Much like the Westminster lot, WhatsApp messages where lies about for months only to be then told they too had been deleted.

The £100k camper van sat on the drive the party funds paid for.

The ferry fiasco and costs whose inquiry found her to have lied.

Her polling plummeted, she began to throw away an almost guaranteed victory across the bird for the SNP.

She had it all but like many in power, the lines of what is and isn’t acceptable begin to blur and she began to over step and she got found out and the pressure began to mount.

Yeah..but apart from that?

Yeah..but apart from that?
I was getting worried about you for a second mate! You’re normally a bit quicker to back the boys up. :-)

On this subject though I think it’s only fair to agree that Sturgeon has dropped the ball and made the kind of errors that if any Tory politician had made would be ridiculed and abused for.
It’s a shame really as for a little while she seemed like one of the more capable leaders.
I guess power does strange things to people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.